Twelfth scale pilots

Craig Carr

Rather than clog up the Halifax build thread does anyone know of a source of good full body pilots at 12th scale.

For my Halifax, need pilot and some other WW2 chaps for the gun turrets.

Ive been trawling the web and cant find anyone who does them at that scale, at best all I can find is ones that are the head and shoulders type.

I know one option may be to try and make my own from foam but the one time I tried that they ended up looking like those statues on Easter Island

Thanks, Craig

Hi Craig I've just bought a pilot from pete's pilots off eBay it's only a bust but there are others , could you give what size figure you need l don't know how tall a 1/12 would be maybe you could have a look in some toy shops and dress them up a bit?? Cheers .??? mark

Hi Mark and Tim,

Thanks for your replies.  My first thought was Petes Pilots but the ones on his ebay shop werent any good, Ill send him a message to see if possible to get a custom order.

Tim, stumbled upon AH yesterday when trawling the web.  Dropped them an email but got  reply yesterday from Sandra at AH to say 1/6th is the smallest they do. 

Will search some more.  I also found a company in the USA called HP Pilots, will try and contact them as well.

WIll let you know how I get on

Edited By Craig Carr on 11/10/2010 09:23:30

• 2 weeks later...
Craig,

The smallest I have seen in Latex is 1/10th, and really the difference
between 1/12 and 1/10 is a   5' 2"  and a 6' 2" pilot, after all the live
crew were not to scale.
Try a 1/10th latex and model the body from  blue foam as Mario and I
did in the Lysander build.
You can view my latex/blue foam pilot on Page 34 in the Lysander blog.

Terry

Hi Craig

Have a look at Just PIlots in the USA - they have some nice 1/12th scale resin moulded pilots with RAF, USAF and Luftwaffe figures available so far. They used to be available direct, which is where I got mine from, but latterly they have also been available from Hobby Lobby.

Ah, just noticed that ot was fullbody pilots that you were looking for, that's a much tougher task. Perhaps you could use these pilot busts and carve the easier to make lower bits?

hth

Leccy

Edited By leccyflyer on 23/10/2010 12:56:36

Edited By leccyflyer on 23/10/2010 12:59:05