Phoenix sim surprise

Wiltshire Flyer

Hello fellow flyers this is my first post and a warm hello to all.

I had to post this as i downloaded the phoenix demo and was watching the vids when the water scene came on and i was very surprised to see that the background is set at shore road on the sandbanks peninsula just down the road from where i live! you can see brownsea island in the distance and to the right of that scene is poole harbour and to the left are the homes of many wealthy people, (i am not one of the wealthy unfortunatly)

But, yeah..... quite a pleasent surprise!

Oh, and from what i saw it looks like a really good sim.

I am using Easyfly 3 (starter edition) and i like it alot, i paid £40 for it with the usb controller.

I really want to upgrade to the full version but at an extra £70 i cannot afford it at the moment.

I think it has a great balance between looks and physics.

I have seen the Aerofly 5 (i think it's 5) the latest one anyway and have to say it looks fantastic, i may just not bother with the easyfly upgrade in the future and just save for Aerofly we'll see

But anyway i ramble....... great site and great forum and the mag is the best around.

Great to meet you all!

Advert

Thank you all for the great welcome

To Plummit, there are not really many trees there to hit! blaming invisible trees are we? lol

And to Biggles Elder Brother, i would love you to give me a wave, just look out for the gappy toothed gollum lookalike peeking up from behind the wall

But again thanks to all for the great welcome

hi Dorset flyer and welcome.
a bit of background info for you. two of the original pilots that helped develop phoenix(ade law for helicopters and jim lacey for planes) both lived in the bournemouth area(actualy in the flat above the old Mr Models) so several of the original sceneries are in that area .(waterfront/hurn airport/ and flying field which is just outside wimbourne and was the original home of dorset model helicopter club) so thats the reason they seem local to yourself.

Hi Dorset flyer and wrlcome to the best rc forum site in the uk. Where abouts in dorset are you, i fly at hurn on wide open terf fields the grass is never longer than 3/4" long and very flat its a great site if your local give me a shout.
Jim Lacey used to be a member of our club but i havent seen him around for a while i dont even know if he still flys planks which is a shame becouse hes a fantastic pilot.

Jims in southampton now and yes still flying incredibly well here is a vid of his exploites

at around 2.40 you'll get an idea of the size of his plane 

Edited By boggy on 30/10/2010 18:07:14

Thanks for the info on the phoenix developers boggy! very interesting, i was very surprised to see sanbanks on there. nice to know it is a locally (to me) developed program!.

To inspector, thank you very much for the welcome it really is  the best forum site!

I am in the Branksome area and although i do not have a model at the moment it would be great to tag along with you sometime to see you fly yours, thanks for the thought!

I cant say what i do is fly its more a case of i can take off then spend the next 7 to 10 mins trying to keep it in the air in a controlled manner then attempt to return it to the ground in a state that it will take off again. but you are more than welcome to come along to see the site its the best one i have flown from, the grass is as near to a bowling green as your going to get
pm me your phone no to arrange a session DONT give out you phone no on any of the forum boards.
we can organise some buddy box flying for you aswell.

Edited By inspector9566 on 30/10/2010 21:59:29