Detailing the Bloody Mary

Barry Boughton

Hi Andrew regards your question how much it cost, i have all most finished the fusalage have made the two fins and tail plane . I have spent approx £30 pounds so far and still counting , i managed to get hold of some 2mill ply board 4'X 1' inches 4foot x 1 foot size 2 off £5 pounds each half inch x 4"x 36" board approx £2.30 , 1/4 inch x4x36" board 1/8x4"x36" board . I then cut out all peices on my saw , its alot of hard work but worth it when its finished .It will some time yet screw driver sliped gone through finger right next to bone silly me old age ,hope this will give some idea of what you will need couple more trips to model shop covering next and new engine if funds will strech to it lots luke with build tosh (JAMES)

Advert

• 3 weeks later...

HI everybody finger healed back at last ,have been bizzy biulding new hanger .old

one falling to bits with age . like me bang goes new chopper this year .                   

have just started to make the parts for the wings cut out all ribs ect ' .

still in state of confustion with the work shop ak the shed ....... cant find    

things bloody newsence bloody mary ,has any body decided how to make

the interiar seat having problems how to make them can not get the bowls 

make the seats trying to work out somthing else to use if you do let us now

good luck with the progect

(james poole)   tosh

• 1 month later...

hi out  there any body still building this model, mine come to stand still over festive season also being abroad for a day or two . Got new work shop up and running at last so must burn some midnight oil again , still havent work out seating arangement yet.     

keep up good work all  tosh ................................

• 4 weeks later...

Hi There.

Anyone managed to get part christmas with this one? Would love to see some pics of how anyone is getting on so far.

Will get around to building this after I have finished my 70" Stuka then finish off my top flite spit then try and maiden my top flite dc3 which has been gathering dust all ladst year.

Spent so much time building with the crap weather last year never even got to the strip to do any flying.

This year is going to be a flying year.

Regards

Deadwood

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Dave

I'm writing this from Malaysia, where I bought the Oct 2007 back-issue w/plan for a measly 1.50 Quid

Its a really interesting & unusal plan and looks like it will fly well

Since my SC 61 4S power my 6.5lb mustang just perfectly, I'm planning of in a SC 80-91 4S as I think this would power this 9lb scale model just right.. well its that or my Saito 72!!

Out here in Asia we got nice thin REAL mahogany ply/ramin/veeneer at only SIX Quid for a huge 6ft x4ft x1/8 ' sheet.!!. So I'm looking forward to finishing the fuse with real hardwood

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
It's a funny thing really , I was at the patch on sunday rummaging through some old copies and came across the bloody Mary ,I have to say it grabbed me straight away what a stunning model !As vintage models are my mane thing i have to build one ,But reading some posts on here just realised there is a second plan i'm hoping it will be in the pile at the patch other wise i will have to beg it from some were, I'm going to sit and have a read upon it ,I'm getting quite excited about it now i have decided to build it . TD

• 2 years later...

It is now sept 2013 know this has been going on for a while now .I decided to make BM a project for this winter ,so have been looking around the internet for building blogs etc ,I came across a build in Germany and got all the info I will need to get cracking .I have all the formers cut out just need to make room for work .

thumbs up

Edited By Bernie on 04/10/2013 16:23:28