Limit ex

r6dan

Hello all, Since my TX is goosed and on its way back to ripmax I have set about building from scratch and you`ve guessed it,it`s a limit, the fus went together quickly and now i have set about the wings,since this is the fires trad scratch build I am Kinda winging it ha ha. Right, is the best way to cut all the bits and pin them to the plan and just glue `em up?and is it ok to have to join the skins as I couldn`t get balsa wide enough?

Muchos thankos Dan  

Advert

Joining balsa to make wider sheets is done by putting the 2 sheets on a flat surface and butt them together. Join with a strip of masking tape etc.  Press the tape firmly to the balsa to prvent glue leaking through. Then  dribble a little thin cyano into the joint .
Or if you want to use PVA then put the sheets on the edge of the bench and allow one piece to hinge down.  Apply the PVA to the open joint, then  put back on a flat surface and wipe away excess glue.  Apply a further strip of masking tape to the other side and allow to dry.