Tx Batteries

birdy

The time has finally come to buy my futaba 6exp some new batteries to replace the original 700mah ones - they only gave half an hours of use after 7 hours charging today.
   So, what to get?

And then question number 2 - is it ok to cycle the batteries via the side port of the tx? I was looking at the "instant" charge retaining batteries and apparently you should cycle rather than top them up, and I don't really want to have to remove the batteries from the tx to do this.

Thanks,

Birdy 

Advert

I got fed up of my 6exa 2.4ghz transmitter batteries going flat at the field and found I could'nt use my field charger (no luck with ripmax) so onto the net and found that the protection diode could be bypassed,  I fitted a 1.1amp polyfuse across the diode works a treat the diode position was identified by http://www.siriuselectronics.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=9  apparently some of the more upmarket Futaba transmitters already have these fitted.   This has also been carried out on the older T6xa transmitter.  sirius electronics use a 30 awg wire across the diode to act as a fuse or recommend a 2amp pico fuse.  The 1.1 amp polyfuse would trip at 2 amps.   1.1 is the maximum holding current and you should never exceed 1 amp via your tx charging socket anyway.  PS my tx was out of warranty when I did this and I only did it after requesting  a price from Ripmax for them to do it.  I'm still waiting, but then its only been since June 2009.