Hangar 9 spares

Hi all,

This is about the lack of available spares for Hangar 9 ARTF kits, 
I have several Hangar 9 warbirds and a Taylorcraft and great flying models they are too. However my experience of the supply of spares for these ARTF kits is not good. Whilst Horizon Hobby do provide excellent service (I have had experience of this with their excellent support of Spektrum radios), their ability to obtain spares for Hangar 9 models is very poor. I have now been waiting 3 months for a cowl and screen for the Taylorcraft and even when I ordered a plastic wheel well for a Mustang (a very basic part) I find that is also out of stock. I recently ordered a new set of retracts for the Mustang and that also took about 6 weeks to appear. I just wondered if anyone else had the same experience. I was told by Horizon that it has to do with getting a container full enough before they ship it across from the far east full of the requested orders but I must say its not much good to us when you lose the ability to fly in the last few months of the season because of a 3 month wait for spare parts!

Nick 

Advert

Thx for the reply Pete,

I placed all my orders for these spares with Podium RC and have been advised of stock issues by them. I looked elsewhere including F1 as you mentioned, but none available anywhere. Its obviously an ongoing problem, but one we shouldn't have to put up with in this day and age. I notice that a complete new kit of most in the H9 range are readily abvailable but I'm sure that if you fly RC models, one day you will crash them and need parts, not just a complete kit.