Decoration

Barrie Dav 2

I've tried to paint my Depron 'Gnosis' following suggestions already posted in the forum.  However, the artists' acrylic paint used  'beads-up' on the foam.  I've tried spraying and brushing, with the same result. A posting in the forum mention Multiplex foam primer.  Does anyone know if this will cure the problem or is the primer mainly used for protecting the foam from oil  based paints etc.

Advert

Beading of the paint is probably due to Release agent on the foam surface. This is used during manufacture  to help the foam release from the mould.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Multiflex primer is mainly a degreasing agent. Try cleaning the surface with methalated spirit then painting a small test  area. If it works, great, if not then it hasn't cost any thing and no dammage done. 

Hi Barrie

This might be of some help to you.  It might be the artists paint you are using, it could be the wrong acrylic.

I have bought a lot of different colours from our local "home bargain" Store.  They are large 120 ml tube water based Artist Acrylic paint  - Brand name  "Masterpiece"  they sell them for 99p a tube.

They didn't have any black but I picked up a tube of black in a " The Works"  store in town.  Seems  most towns have a Works Store. Their stuff is called  "Crawford & Black" artist paint.  More pricey at £2.99 a tube or 2 for £5 butt they are bigger at 200 ml.

My Acromaster was getting a little sruffy so I used these acrylics to tart it up.  Lovely result and finish and it was brushed on!  The Acromaster is a EPO type foam I think. Anyway you got me thinking on the Depron.

I have just tried the above paints on some Depron Foam - just brushed it on - Very impressive finish.

Al

I have some of the home bargain paint too,it goes on depron great!
They also have  hot glue guns,ski goggles,perfect for sloping,and sellotape diamond,
oh and red bull 

HA HA HA!!
If we have a trip down to fabled rock I will dress accordingly,I will also wear cowboy boots to finish off the outfit