ESC program card

Erfolg

When purchasing a new seed controller, I decided that a programme card would be useful.

Now I have it there is a connection which I do not know what it is for

At the top of the card are 5 connections.

Three are plainly for the ESC connection. What are the two connections to the right for.

I assume that the power supply comes from the LIPo connection to the ESC. Or do you put a power supply onto the card, or maybe both?

Customer comments mentions a 5V supply. 

Advert

The card needs a supply to work Erfolg. If your ESC has a BEC, then you only need to connect the ESC cable. If the ESC has no BEC, then you will probably have to connect a receiver battery, to the 2 pins.

I have just been using my latest ESC and programming card and noted a few what I think are anomalies.

The card has P for the signal conductor.

The ESC has red for the +ve, middle connection, and brown for the -VE conductor and yellow for the signal wire.

you can see the situation on the links. Cannot say i am that impressed, or is it me.

PS Both do what it says on the box though.

Hi Erfolg, I have a couple of electric twins and on each plane, one of the ESCs has the red wire disconnected so the two BECs don't feed in parallel. Presumably then if you wanted to program the one with no red wire, you would feed a supply to the card from a battery ?

Cheers     Don 

I don't do much electric stuff and I'm not familar with these programming cards. On the few occassions I've had to program a ESC I've always done it via the throttle stick and the "bleeps". I assume this gadget does away with that?

Going by the photo Erfolg posted the link to I assume you move "jumpers" between the pins to get the set of conditions you want then plug it in. Is that correct?

Seems a useful bit of kit for a regular electric flyer. Does one card work with all ESC's or do you need a specific one for each type?

BEB 

• 4 months later...
I do not believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just received a new programming card to set one of my ESC's, and it does not seem to work. As this is the second of the same card, it seems to co-incidental for both not to work.

I have a 30anp AE Esc the card I have purchased (actually two of them) is BESC card, I think I have the correct combination. Yet the diodes do not light up, when the battery is connected to the ESC.

The motor ESC combination seem to work quite happily together, although I have left the ESC in the default settings. I bought the card as I find the throttle beeping system problematical.

I seem to beset with problems at the moment, and do suspect I am not doing something, that is necessary. The other programming card Blue Series Card with a40 Amp Blue ESC, which appears to work fine.

So any ideas what I am not doing, as I am finding all my current issues frustrating, particularly not having any idea to the solutions.

I was just thinking that you've tried two, so they are either not compatible with the speed controller, but I checked that on the HK website and it seems to be the right card, or they just don't use the BEC supply..

I have one of these, but havn't located which models the ESC's are in. I'll try for you later and report back whether the BEC worked on it's own.