Comparing Prices

(Tim's gonna love this!)

I use Futaba. And I'm happy with Futaba. But one thing annoys this time of year - the box full of little trannies I cart about to fly Spectrum equiped indoor stuff. And let's face - they're not much cop these mini transmitters - no dual rates, no expo etc.

So, I've decided - OK I'll bite the bullet and buy a low end Spektrum Tx - a DX6i would seem to fit the bill - and throw away all the "toy" trannies. I'll be able to fly my MCX, the 4-SITE etc all off the same trannie.

I decide to have a shop around, DX6i's coming in at £125-135 with an AR6000. But I don't want a receiver. So I go on ebay to look there - and I find a brand new DX6i (Tx only - "buy it now") from a UK model shop, £89. That'll do me I think. Just to check I look up the model shop via Google - sure enough there they are same phone number, address everything. They have the Specktrum on sale here to and sell "on line" - £128! Absolutely no sign of a Tx only option for £89 from the shop.

Curious. Could it be that shops that deal "on-line" don't want to pass on the lower operating costs of on line dealing because they fear that customers will walk into the shop and demand the "on-line" prices "over the counter"? So, they confine any on-line discounts to ebay? I don't know!

BEB

Advert

Posted by Tim Mackey - Administrator on 11/12/2010 00:46:50:
Inwoods, DX6i  £70 total.... including VAT

Grrrr! I've ordered the £89 one now

Still i was happy with that!

I have thought of one thing....imagine what a pain in the bum I'll be able to be in all those futile Futaba vs Spektrum debates....

"Well, as someone who uses both...."

Oh I'm going to enjoy this!! Every cloud and all that

BEB

This isn't uncommon. One of my LMS's did a very good price on some nimh flight packs on line. They (happily) honoured that price in the shop if asked to, but the stickered price if you bought off the peg without asking was higher.

Alwasy pays to check

Assuming you bought the tx online, you can return it for any reason.

I would give them a ring, explain the Inwoods price and tell them that if they haven't dispatched it yet then not to bother (or do a price match).  If they have dispatched say you will be sending it back because of the Inwoods price, unless they do a price match.

I am thinking about doing exactly the same, but I think £70 is a bit steep to fly a few indoor "toys".

ps I always check Inwoods for radio gear prices.