Seagull Fairchild PT19 ARTF

Hogster

I`ve just been given one of these for xmas and it looks a lovely model. I want to make it as close to scale as possible so firstly I have to decide on the engine. I want to fit a four stroke and the manual recommends a 52FS. I have a tendancy to go the next size up on recommended engines. However, a 60 size might be to big. Anyone had an experience of this model.?

Advert

Posted by Stephen Grigg on 26/12/2010 16:16:26:
So do you think the 60 would be to heavy Nigel?

If you add more weight you would hopefully get more power but then you may need more ballast at the back.  So, it's hard to calculate the benefits of having a larger engine and, of course, lighter normally flies better than heavier.

I can't remember which way the guy (David Clifford, who also posts on here) had to move the battery.  The same engine also flew a Kyosho 46 size BF109 and a Kyosho 46 size P40 Warhawk.  I'd be inclined to give the SC52 a go but try to keep the weight down.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I had an OS 52 surpass in mine and needed a fair bit of extra lead in the front to balance. It flew fine the first two times and then I had a battery glitch which wrote it off.

The wing still sits in the rack with all my others, but it has to be the heaviest wing in my collection!

Cheers,

Hugh

• 1 year later...

I just got my Seagull Fairchild in the air and here is what I found:

It is a perfect match for my OS 56a four stroke. Thinking that the engine was a bit to the heavy side, I put the 2s 1300mah LiPo in the back seat position. Without a spinner it needs 50 grams on the firewall and flies like a dream. Some of that weight will be replaced by a spinner, and the battery left where it is for easy access.

The engine has plenty of power for the plane.

Regards Per Herholdt