Parkzone P-47

James40

Is there anyone on here in the RC business that might have an idea when the P-47's will be arriving in the UK?

The US has had them for a few weeks now and most UK stores list them as delivery due mid December but non of the usual Parkzone retailers are listing them as in stock.

I quite fancy one to go with my foamy PZ BF109 and P-51 collection.

Advert

I looked at the E-Scale offering last night Dave, there's a thread on this forum covering it., it seems a good deal with everything included.
Do you think it will fly as well as the Parkzone version?  I've never had or seen any of the E-Scale aircraft so I'm not sure on their quality, reliability or performance?

I do like the fact that Parkone are imported through Horizon Hobby so if anything goes wrong, you know it will be sorted instantly. 

I love mine, one of my favorite planes flys relly well. its about the same size as the parkzone with retracts (the option to add flaps if you want) well made and a REALLY nice 4 bladed scale flying prop. nice build quality (for foam) no exess molding flashing or damaged paint, strong retracts not felt the need to add any flaps. comes with every thing intalled just had to add a Rx to fly and all for £116 back in march and its still takeing up a large part of my flying time. even the battery is a good 1800mAh 3s LiPo.Got mine through Galaxy's in Ipswich  had a striped rudder servo and they replaced it straight away no issues. I've been so impressed I'm now looking at there Waco. Would highly recomend one to any one.

Thanks for the little write up Dave, I'll have an internet hunt and see what deals I can find on her.
I've got a few mini servo's knocking around so flaps would be an option, especially on the field I fly from, it's nice to have as short a landing distance as possible. 

Well Santa didn't bring me any of them (I DID ASK!)  but a nice F4U wold be Very nice indeed or a spit or a mustang or a 109...... you get the idea.
Any news on if they are going to do any twins in the range? like a Mossie or a P-38, P-61 Blackwidow, Me410, Beaufighter.....etc now I would be hard pressed to chose one of these.

• 2 weeks later...
Guess what's just turned up with Parcel Farce this morning  

Looks very good indeed, Parkzone's quality seems to improve with each kit.

Also in the post this morning was the RAF markings for 73 Operational Training Unit from Callie's Graphics over in the States, always very good quality and a fast service.

So, before she even gets airborne, the P-47 is going in the paint shop for some RAF colours...... Wish me luck 

Here we come !! 

Hi David,

As usual for PZ, very nicely packed.  The quality of the cast seems better, PZ planes used to have a dragon skin appearance, this is vastly improved on the P-47.

It's certainly a chunky beast, the fuselage is almost twice the diameter of the P-51!

They have just added much more detail and quality to this one, things like vents in the fuselage are now plastic mouldings instead of just part of the foam casting, the tail has a a tube to link the two halves and the elevator halves are linked by a very solid square section tube.
The cockpit now has detail inside with a pilots seat and radio rack behind him.

The standard fixed wire U/C has springs in the legs instead of the straight wire on the BF-109 although I have already purchased the E-flite retracts to replace them.

The motor is 950KV 15 size so similar to the Power15 I guess and the Li-Po is an 25C 2200mAh.

The wings have servo pockets for flaps (these will be added) and the U/C mounting can be removed with 4 screws, the E-Flite retracts simply drop straight in. The wings are also secured with 3 screws now instead of the one.

Very nice David, like I said, they just get better with each new run. 

Edited By James40 on 12/01/2011 14:11:11

I've ordered an E-Scale 4 blade prop to pop on the front, not exactly sure how it will perform with it there but we'll have to see?

Ok so my P-47 make over is almost complete It's gone from:

To:

Sorry about the poor quality pictures, their off my phone.  Still waiting on the 4 blade prop, some weathering and she's done.

Thank you, 2 days of solid work David, I had to, I'm out of the country for a month as of Sunday morning and I hate leaving unfinished projects lying around!

I think it looks a lot less of a toy and more of a war bird in these colours. Can't wait for the 4 blade prop, I think she'll look superb.

Now is it going to rain tomorrow or can I get a maiden in ? 

New prop fitted today, thought I'd give it a spin with it at it's factory setting.. 46A, yikes !!

What a difference a bit of pitch makes, adjusted them back to minimum pitch and 25A on WOT !!

Now to find a happy medium, it certainly seems to have enough thrust even at this minimum pitch. 

Hi Nigel,

There's no mistaking it's a foam model bit it's a vast improvement on the old Parkzone models.  It still has a slightly dimpled finish to it.  

I'll try and take a close up for you but it won't be for around two weeks, I'm Afghan bound in the morning for a few weeks.