22.Left Aileron and Left Vector = Aileron

23.Right Aileron and Right Vector = Elevator

24.Left Canard = Aux 1 (Flap)

25.Right Canard = Aux 2

26.Left/Right Thrust Vector and Nose Wheel

Steering = Rudder

27.Retracts = Landing Gear

28.Throttle = Throttle

this is the lay out as per the 7 channel reciever . any help you could possibly give me would be most appreiciated.

This will be tricky on the DX6i. In theory you have enough channels but I don’t know if the mixing will work.

Throttle  = throttle
retracts = gear

Left Aileron and Left Vector = Aileron 1
Right Aileron and Right Vector = AUX
(these two on elevon mix)

Rudder = rudder
Left/Right Thrust Vector and Nose Wheel = Rudder
Connected via y lead.

Left Canard = elevator
Right Canard = elevator
Connected via y lead.

you can experiment with this but I am not sure it will work I think you migh find you run out of mixes. sorry I can not help further

Note the above won't work if you use elevaon mix as the left and right aileron go to aileron and elevator when this mix is activated.

I would suggest hooking up your servos as above but don't select elevon mix but use dual aileron instead (this normally gives you flapperons), then in the free mixes mix elevator to flap.

The elevator stick will then operate the ailerons together (elevon) and the canards.

The other option would be to select elevon mix and then connect the ailerons to aileron and elevator channel amd then put the canards on the flap channel, you could then mix canard to the elevator in the free mixes (even have the mix on a switch so you can try it with and without the canards operational)

The only problem you might have is that the servo's might not go the correct way when you connect them via a Y lead, not a lot you  can do about that except use a servo reverser (or revering Y lead) but I must admit I wouldn't use one of these on a flying surface.

Forgive me for asking, Aaron, but when you say "jumped in at the deep end", if this is your first or even second model, it's a bit of a beastie, IMHO. Without a profile, I cannot get an idea of your experience, so I'd hate to see it all end in tears.

You mention the AR6000 Rx - unless it's an AR6200 with a satellite Rx, all those in the AR6xxx range are 'Parkfly' type receivers, designed for small models flown close to the pilot, which will certainly not be the case for this model.

If your experience is limited (and we all had to start somewhere!), it might be worth gaining some EDF experience on a more benign model first, saving the EF so you can properly enjoy it!

Pete

Edited By Pete B on 30/12/2010 11:51:53

Just had a look at the manual and also some videos, I see they've also mixed the canards in to assist the ailerons in the roll, you will not be able to do this without using a 7+ channel Tx (e.g. Dx7 or Dx8). But you could adjust the linkage so the canards are driven off one servo and mixed to elevator only, I don't think they will add much in roll (aileron) anyway.

Impressive model, hope you are using an AR6200 rx with satellite as a minimum.

hi Pete, well i have limited experience in aircraft to be honest, i fly ic helicopters normally but want to make the jump to aircraft, i have a multiplex easystar which i am going to learn on, there is no way i will get this baby in the air until i have fully understood what i am doing, i am probably looking to getting it in the air in early spring and between that purchase a smaller cheaper one to gain expeirience. i think i was a bit stupid to buy this really but it looked so damn good in the shop and it keeps me occupied on these cold dark nights!!

Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 30/12/2010 12:33:30:
Just had a look at the manual and also some videos, I see they've also mixed the canards in to assist the ailerons in the roll, you will not be able to do this without using a 7+ channel Tx (e.g. Dx7 or Dx8). But you could adjust the linkage so the canards are driven off one servo and mixed to elevator only, I don't think they will add much in roll (aileron) anyway.

Impressive model, hope you are using an AR6200 rx with satellite as a minimum.

hello Frank, yes i have the ar6200 reciever, am i right then i thinking that it will fly ok without the canards used as ailerons, and the canards could be used as elevators only. i dont intend to fly this doing all the 3d type flying was just after some standard flying if you know what i mean.

Posted by aaron williamson on 31/12/2010 08:13:24:
hi Pete, well i have limited experience in aircraft to be honest, i fly ic helicopters normally but want to make the jump to aircraft, i have a multiplex easystar which i am going to learn on, there is no way i will get this baby in the air until i have fully understood what i am doing, i am probably looking to getting it in the air in early spring and between that purchase a smaller cheaper one to gain expeirience. i think i was a bit stupid to buy this really but it looked so damn good in the shop and it keeps me occupied on these cold dark nights!!

Ha ha, Aaron, if you fly helos you'll know all about tears then! I must say that, looking at the model spec and the videos, it is very tempting...........drool, drool

We are very fortunate in having available things we could only dream of just a few years ago, aren't we?

I couldn't see it working on my little patch, unfortunately, but good luck and I'll await the maiden report.

Pete

yes i certainly know the pain i went through mastering helicopters........very painful indeed!!!  i think you are right frank just got back from flying my easystar with my son and it is very slow, i bought the easystar to learn fpv on.  just wanted to thank you both for the tips, i am chuffed i chose to come onto the forum.