Hello and Merry Christmas

EGB 953

Hi,

Just wnated to say hello. Am not new new to the hobby but not far off.

I Started with a CG Easy Lady that was an easy kit to build and a homemade trainer when I was 13 (back in the 80's).  Trainer crashed more than it flew - I was too far from a club or someone to mentor me.

The Easy lady flew ok till I got my hands on a brushed motor and a huge nicad from my brothers RC car. Then it really  flew!  ... for a bit but the weight was too much .... nothing much left and by then girls held my attention for a number of years.

Have now returned with the opposite situation to my youth - more money but time poor so going for ARTF and electric. Started with an eflite ascent 450 to relearn the gliding ropes - a few bumps and replacements (distributors were excellent) and now have a good glider that I look forward to doing some long flights with this summer.  I got an ST Cessna 182 which has been very good trainer except where I fly the grass is too long in winter and makes the nose wheel buckle so just got a Britflight Breeze (good choice?) which has reminded me how much I enjoyed the building part (I know just sticking in the servos isn't really building) and how much I have to learn about electric.

Look forward to learning more of this the finest of pastimes and hopefully contributing down the line.

Cheers

Edward

Advert

Hi EGB,

making your way was other of your "smart moves"! Welcome!

Very friendly forum this - lots of advice and we've got some members very knowlegible on the "dark sparky side" so I'm sure if you have any problems they will be only too happy to advise.

I haven't checked but if you haven't filled your profile in yet please consider doing so as it helps folks pitch their advice to at the appropriate level.

Also take a quick look here when you have a moment. Its full of tutorials on how to get the best out of the forum - how to post pictures, insert internet links and videos etc.

Other than that - sit back and just enjoy yourself - you're amongst friends!

BEB

PS I haven't flown the Hustle - but I have heard lots of good stuff about it. Why not enter "Hustle" in the search box and you'll probably be able to find some threads on it. I do have the Britflight H2O and if that's anything to go by the Hustle will brilliant!

Thanks BEB

Sorry missed the profile pages - just found them and filled them in.

Have read lots of good things about Britflight and the Breeze in particular and also because their aftersales support is excellent (got a feeling it might be handy early on)

Cheers

EGB

So maidened my Britflight Breeze.  No wind, grey North London day. I was very lucky to find, on arrival at the playing fields, a seasoned modeller who very kindly volunteered to help me out with the throwing/ checking etc.

First flight and she was rolling horribly to the right and heading for the A10 at a cracking pace. The seasoned modeller (Graham)talked me back to the ground without mishap (Thanks Graham I owe you one!) and after a quick check that nothing appeared amiss we relaunched after applying some left trim.  Lots more trim was needed (some down trim too) before getting to smooth and level.  I have the 2822 motor and 3s 1300 pack so lots of power that I didn't explore on this flight.

Just did some careful circuits after that and then a rather fast landing which the Breeze survived without mishap. We checked the ailerons and they looked perfectly trimmed so I must have missed it before take off - despite all the checking I thought I had done.

Anyway battery on charge in the hope of some more flying before my return to work.  Before then I will fix the trim and reduce the rates a bit further (currently 60% on all three channels) as the plane is very sensistive at 50% throttle.

No real pics as my lovely wife didn't come along. Maybe next time.

Thank you for the warm welcome!  Having started this on my own it is great to know that there's such a great and friendly community to share my experiences with.

I need some advice about threadlock.

I was advised by a very kind modeller at the playing fields to put some on the clevis screws and engine mount grub screws but when I try to buy it online I find a large and diverse range of options.

Any suggestions as which is the right kind to use and where's best to buy it?

Any recommendations very welcome.

EGB