Is there something wrong?

JayCee

Hi

Is there something wrong? I have this set up in my recently assembled Hangar 9 Pulse 125 XT and I'm pretty sure things aren't adding up power wise

Model weight 10.5lbs
This Motor
This ESC
Prop 17 X 10
Batteries 2 X 4S 5000mah in series (8S)

I was expecting about 2000 watts at about 60 amps! but I'm only getting 1300 watts at 44 amps at max throttle!.

The Electrical spec (Hangar Manual) suggests an 85 amp ESC so I assume they are expecting far more than 44 amps at max throttle.

Any thoughts?

JC

Advert

Posted by JayCee on 10/01/2011 13:57:37:
Hi Steve

Well run it up again to get the voltage on load, and guess what.....getting 1880watts at 60 amps full throttle which is what I was expecting  quite why the discrepancy from last time I'm not sure. but that is good enough!

Maybe a not-so-good connection

That is over the rated power of the motor looking at the link you gave, but if the batteries are full, it will soon drop down a little.

Glad it is OK though, it is nice to see some big planes with electric motors

Hi Steve

Still see myself as an Novice/Improver if there is such a thing so flying at full throttle for more than a few seconds at a time is rare, so long as I can get some vertical climb to do some loops and Cuban eights I will be more than happy.

Stunning plane, especially in leccy set up no chopped up cowl can't wait to do a maiden flight.................just waiting for the weather

JC