What R/C flight simulator?

Alan Brock

Hamish,

No need to write any lines... 

The Magnatilla should fly well with either of your two engines.

As to prop size, I used to have a 12 x 6 on my OS 40 Surpass in a Radio Queen and it went very well. The 11 x 6 would also be OK on the 40, or even a 10 x 6. Make sure that whatever propeller you use is balanced -  there are a number of prop balancers available at various prices.

For the unused 48 four stroke, I would suggest something like an 11 x 4 for running in with short runs followed by a cooling period. If you have the instructions, follow what they say with regards to propellers, fuel and any running in process.

Whatever you do, make sure the engine is securely mounted and restrained epecially if you run it in a model.

When you get to use it in a model, experiment with different propellers and see which best suits the model and engine combination. There is a guide on the Forum which could well be of use in helping you choose a suitable propeller.

Got the Magnatilla up today for the first time  -   Absolutely Magic.  It was so easy to fly and was able to follow the patterns needed to get my bronze, even managed a perfect landing which cant be bad for my third time up.  I can only emphasise the time spent on the simulator has been worth its weight in gold.

Roll on the weekend

• 2 years later...
Does anyone know of any free flight sims? Or free demos? I've got the FMS and thats not to good. LOL. I tried the clearview flight sim but thats on a timer (demo) so it doesn't last long. I'm a poor 14 year old (LOL) looking for a free download or demo/trail on a flight sim other than FMS. Just to have a go on something different tonight....

Thanx

Tom

Have been useing rc plane master for about 8 months it does what i want it to do, it would not run on my old xp lap top as it was a old model was fine with windows 7, it has helped with my landings and take off and orientation issues, i even bought one for the son in law as a birthday present he loves it.

• 3 weeks later...
I have used ClearView in the past hooked up to an old Spektrum DX5e, Graphics pretty reasonable and certainly ran ok on both my Windows 7 and XP machines. Not used any other to compare but am generally happy with it, good selection of models and landscapes.