Re-using Kyosho Minium Bits

Well my 3 yr old Kyosho Minium Citabria final bit the dust the other night when it mid aired with my helicopter (don't ask)

Has anybody made there own indoor model using the electronic and motor from one of these. I've bought some stiff card and was going to see it I could put a simple profile model together, has this been done before?

Advert

I made a depron profile from the bits out of my mini super cub and it flew fine!
I have a load of depron profile type pdf`s if you need some plans. 

• 2 weeks later...
Micron do some nice Stevens kits for indoor for around £25 that take Parkzone kit. It is probably possible to substitute Kyosho it instead.

I built the Liddle Rod and it flies very nicely.

Its also worth looking at
-http://www.stevensaero.com/UltraMicro-2.4-DSM2-p-1-c-336.html which is the Stevens site in the US. They often have downloadable illustrated build instructionss that you dont get with the kit.

The Kits are laser cut balsa and each stage clips together first before gluing with cyano.

Edited By Alan Randall on 28/01/2011 17:19:06

Alan

Thanks, I'd already looked at the micron site and was tempted, but these have given me some inspiration to try something similar out of card. But for now with a bit of the card I've eeked one more session out of the Citabria and it's still going. I also picked up a spare fuselage (inc radio and motor) wing and tail set for the Cessna, just trying to chase down some props and when I get that going I'll finally retire the Citabria and reuse the gear.

• 4 months later...
I put my 4ch Piper inerds in a Guillows Cub.. Only just enuf power for my heavy build tho. I found that the 'Minium servo's had 'issues' with no load tho.. My Aileron servo started tuning PAST 90degs and going on to 180degs before it'd stop.. That was those stupid magnet ones tho, not the worm drive type..

Luv
Chrisie... xx