Which Corsair is Best

Stephen Grigg

Advert

the YT one needs flying as a scale model, you cannot get away with stuff like you can with a hangar 9, its horses for coarses, i fly my YT Corsair as i would fly the full size--and i LOVE it, it has the heavy metal presence of a Corsair,
The H9/ Seagull/ A.N.other film covered flat plate tail semiscale model is at best, a sport aerobatic model with bent wings, its safe to fly, but has no challenge, and for me, thats half the battle,

my YT one has a zenoah 26, has had 4 flights, and is getting better, one thing i have done is alter the retracts to air up, spring down, with parts supplied by YT,

They arnt everyones cup of tea, they take more work to put together, and are more demanding to fly, but, they are deffo the head turner at the field, its not that they are BAD flyers, but with the lesser ones, they are lighter, and more sprighlty, i prefer the 16lbs mine weighs, to the half the weight floaty things from such as hangar 9, that flat plate tail of others saves a lot of nose ballast!! the YT tail is balsa sheeted, this needs nose weight, my scalish domes nuts made from polished stainless steel, and it would break your foot if it landed on it!!!

I was very impressed h the YT corsair,and the help my collegue received from YT when he was putting it together.He also made a good job of it as well. In the hands of our resident expert it flew superbly.He fitted the SC twin 4 stroke and it sounded gorgeous.he sold it to a friend who gets on with it very well.The model was a little to early for him.