Vance Mosher

If you are into scale then you will know of Vance Mosher, one of modellings great model designers. I have followed his build threads and his meticulous design techniques for several years and his work just left me in awe, what a fantastic problem solving mind.

This was posted on RCSB this evening by friend Chuck Graves and I thought I would pass it on:

It is with great sadness that I (Chuck) come to this forum to announce the passing of my dear friend, and for so many things RC related, my mentor, Mr. Vance Mosher. Vance lost his on-going battle with cancer last night. Anyone who knew Vance will realize what a loss this is not only personally, but to this hobby, this web-site, and to the modeling community world-wide. Vance spent the last several years designing and building some very unique and not often modeled aircraft and making those designs available to the world via his kits. He also wrote several series of articles for scale modeling magazines on subjects ranging from Beginning Scale, to advance scale building techniques, how to balance a model, and many more. Vance was always available to answer questions and provide assistance, or just talk airplanes. All anyone had to do was ask. I will miss you my friend...

For anyone interested, Vance's designs will continue to fly. At Vances request, I (Chuck) have assumed ownership of Vanguard Plans and will continue to provide his plans, kits, parts etc. to the scale modeler. For anyone who has recently inquired or may have been considering one of Vance's design, please bear with me, as it will take me awhile to get up to speed on everything. I feel priveleged to have been given this opportunity to keep Vances designs flying long after Vance touched down.
Chuck Graves

RIP Vance.

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 08/02/2011 23:55:12

Advert