Renegade Maiden

Phil May

Well the weather looks as near as perfect, for this time of year,to maiden my Renegade tomorrow, just got a bit of fine tuning on my nice new ASP 61 four stroke and away to go.
My good friend Steve Horton will hopefully have his cam-corder handy, so with a bit of luck a bit of footage should appear in the next few days.
Also I am going to fit my new gum cam to my Stik for the first time for a bit of video, that I am looking forward to.
B.P

Advert

At the field before 10, had a few cracking flights with the Stik and did the final adjustments to new 4 stroke in the Renegade.
One of the club instructors ( one Mr Whitcomb, a seriously good pilot ) offered to do me the honors , he took it up, few clicks on the elevator trim and she was flying straight and level. He tested the stall and she just wallowed about, no sign of a stall, then passed the tranny to me to have a go, it felt good but I need to add some expo on the ailerons - to sensitive at initial stick input for me. But other than that no issues, the ASP 61 was well happy on 1/2 throtle .
I also put my gum cam on the Stik which did not go so well- it fell off! never to be seen again.
B.P

I had a good session with the Renegade today, it was blowing about 10 - 15 mph across the strip which is no problem when I fly the Stik, but I was a bit weary with the new Renegade.It was also my first take off & landings with it ( the club instructor did the honors last week )
I was pleasantly surprised that it needed so little rudder to track straight and even though the strip was soaking it was airborne in have the distance needed for the Stik. The ASP61 four stroke was a good motor choice with big loops at 3/4 throttle.
Only problem I had at the first landing was because I had the idle too high, it did not want to come down! Soon sorted that one.
Good fun
B.P