E-Flite extra300 32E

Alan

I am considering getting a Eflite Extra 32E

My set-up is going to be

--Eflite power 32E motor
--Hitec HS225MG servos all round
--CC Phoenix ICE 75amp ESC
--3800mAH 4s Lipo

Was also thinking about putting in a seperat RX Battery 1600mAH 2s 7.4v what size of UBEC would i need for this.
Also had a look around what would be a decent make of UBEC to buy.

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 27/02/2011 10:30:42

Advert

Hard to say really Alan - switching BECs are more efficient, and will generally run cooler than a simple cheap linear version. The downside is that switch mode versions can create electrical noise - usually not a problem - especially on 2.4Ghz gear.
I have many different types and brands ( all switch mode ) and haven't had any problems with any of them, including a couple of the cheap GC ones I linked to earlier.

Posted by Alan on 27/02/2011 11:15:05:
Then would the BEC in the CC Phoenix ICE 75amp ESC be sufficient enough without a seperate BEC.

Sorry for so many Q,s still very new to Electric setups

Edited By Alan on 27/02/2011 11:15:52

No apology required...thats why we are here mate
Thats a very fine ESC you have there, and its built in BEC is happy on up to 8s LiPo input, and its output is rated at up to 5A so should be more than capable.
Personally, I would use it, but.....usual disclaimer applies

• 4 weeks later...
Got my ESC today was sent the LITE ICE 75amp instead this should still be OK, the only thing I noticed was the manual stated that if you are uing over 3cell lipo's you should use a separate BEC but also say's that the max current capabilty of the BEC is 5amp.

PDF for all CC ESC

Should this still be OK or should i put in a seperate BEC.

Thanks Alan

Plenty of evidence ( real world not theoretical ) to show that servos use far less than many people think in flight. My latest example is the flight data recorded on my short lived, fairly large 12lb+ PC9. Servo current consumption never passed 800 m/amps during the whole first flight, and only 600m/a on the second - data for which is shown here.

Here's the data from the first 6 minute flight. Ignore the first three minutes  - she was parked.

We have discussed this matter a few times....such as HERE

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 27/03/2011 11:17:34