Litho plate wanted!

Tim Hooper

Advert

Lithographic(Litho plate) is traditionally sheet alluminium.It is anodised on one side and coated with a light sensitive material capable of accepting images and text which attract ink, the blank areas attract water which repels the "greasy" ink.

The sheet is thin enough to roll around a drum on the printing press and pass on it's ink image to paper, hence "offset." The small offset plates are the thinnest.

The backside of the plate is plain smooth aluminium, often scratched, which could be polished up without even bothering to clean the reverse.

Sorry if this sounds a bit nerdy, but I used to work for a Litho plate manufacturer!

• 8 months later...

Hi all

Here is an e-bay item number for litho. It is in the form of A4 size sheets and the listing is for 10 sheets.

I have today ordered a set and will report back when it arrives.

Copy the above number and post it in the e-Bay search box and that will take you to the listing.

Regards

Ioan

Posted by Matt Jones on 22/05/2014 12:56:25:

Cheers Ioan, ordered some. It show 5 bought in the last hour so I think you've helped a few people thumbs up

Hi Matt

I am glad that I ordered some before I posted the link

He seems to have sold out. That listing has been there for quite a while.

Ioan