E Flite Carbon z Yak54

Hi After reading the review on the E flite Carbon Z Yak 54 i decided to buy one, it arrived on my door step in a huge box-it felt like christmas, it took longer to unpack it than it did to get it flight ready MOST impressed with the packaging !!!
anyway today i took it to the field put the supplied lipo in and pointed it into the wind stick full forward and well wow about seven feet and it was off, bearing in mind this was a test flight i set it vertical and it just went up like a home sick angel for what seemed like for ever. trimmed it with only two clicks of down and it was hands off, this plane is seriously good fun to fly either low and slow just out in front like a shocky, or fast and smooth like a warbird. landing is unreal no wind today and it just floated in for a three pointer. can't wait until next weekend to fly it again.
All i can say is get one it does more than it says on the tin !!!!!

Advert

Thanks David for adding it to the review list. yes the noise is very nice. can't believe how quick it goes too, then very slow also. as i fly of the peri track on a disused airfield i have cross wind issues normally, but i think i could land her at 90deg to the strip as she comes in so slow

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've read on the Eflite Carbon Z Yak 54 thread on RC Groups that people have been having issues with this plane. Of those people on here, have you had any problems with servos, motor mounts etc which seem to be cropping up on the RC Groups thread.

I'm seriously considering buying this plane and just wanted to know peoples thoughts a couple of months on now the flying season is getting into swing.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have flown one of these for nearly two years now and it is awesome, one of the best planes I own, it flies fast or slow with no dramas and is neutral trim wise so inverted is easy and slow rolls a dream, I highly recommend this aircraft, they got the design right, however, one word of caution, on my model I had to change out all the servo's because the quality of the one's installed were dubious to say the least. My model is one of the earlier one's when they first came out so I am hoping that a couple of years down the line they have sorted out the quality problems with the servo's, but as a flying machine you will love it.smiley

• 4 weeks later...