3rd flight and all is going well

M1TCH

Hi all just come back from my club and got my 3rd 4th and 5th flight in today. chuffed to bits on how its going. instructor thinks im doing really well too.

I was learning take offs and landings today. all take offs were very smooth, landings were ok even thought i did go through 2 props from missing runway. the wind was blowing quite strong and the instructor was a bit dubious about flying but glad we did now as it boosted my confidence.

Advert

And you will feel as chuffed after your 6th,7th and 8th flight also, it will always be a good feeling.
Learning in the wind, cool, it will not scare you in the future. But, you must also learn to respect the difficulties different wind conditions fetch.
B.P

Edited By Big Phil on 10/03/2011 11:42:40

The wind is your friend Mitch......well that's what my instructor told me some 20+ years ago.

A good wind will maintain your air speed while decreasing your relative ground speed, thus making your landings slower and possibly easier.

Blustery wind can make things interesting (read difficult) but you should never be put off by it, too many pilots are these days. Just watch out for down wind turns, keep the power on for those!

Enjoy!