futaba 6ex issue

Alan Bahia

Hi All,

A friend today come over to have a look on his plane as he has a issue with settings and I could not find the solution for his problem as following:

1. Left stick: Rudder and Elevator
2. Right stick: Throttle and ailerons

We try different receivers, we label the cables, I have reset the transmitter model 4, re-bind and still the same.

Normal would be:

1. LS: Throttle and rudder
2. RS: Elevator and Ailerons

Mix are also all off, flapron...and other sttings all off....so I don't know how he managed to changed this....

The other planes are all right....

Any Futabas expert out there please? I have a Spektrum.

Cheers,

Alan

Advert

Yes it's Mode 1 ( throttle right )
At our local dealers he changes Futaba to Mode 1 that we use locally from the now normal Mode 2 . ( only newcomers use Mode2 ....Mode 1 was normal years ago ) I watched as he did the 6EX 2.4. It's a matter of moving the elevator spring and throttle detent......he looped a tiny bit of wire through to pull the spring off and used needle nosed pliers to move it. Moved to the other stick.
Then changed the Mode by simultaneously pressing Mode & Select then turning on power. Data Input lever changes mode.  See page 34 of manual.  This is online if you lack a copy. This changes the electronics and is something you cannot do with old sets where you could change the spring but the rate switches work on the wrong controls unless you unsolder wires etc. 
The 6EXA 35 mhz and 2,4 are changeable at home.
Easy to do unless you are hamfisted, therefore easy to change back.

Edited By kc on 11/03/2011 16:40:11