Weather's getting a bit better, how much flying you getting in?

Quite a bit windier here today in leafy south Bucks than the weather forecasters had said it would be but - having a couple of weeks off from work - went down to the patch in hope anyway this afternoon.

A bit bumpy up there to say the least , but got 5 decent flights in before the light started going

Advert

And another 50 mins airtime in 2 hrs down at the field this morning from 9-11.

Good conditions. Only dramas were self induced. My handlaunches are normally adequate, but for some reason today every single one was of the "ooooohh errrrr........................phew!" variety.

And the third day running today

Got an hour in at the field before the wind really picked up, as forecast, and blew lots of grey stuff over. And today's handlaunches were all peaches: isn't it odd how one particular skill or ability can temporarily desert us, for no apparent reason....

Yeap, I suggest we discourage David from putting the "getting better" bit in next year - it doesn't seem to have come true for me either. I keep a rough "log" and I did far more flying (more than double) in the six months November 2010 to April 2011 than I did in in the "summer" six months of May 2011 to October 2011.

I'm thinking that I'm going into the flying season now and wondering what next year's "Summer Build Project" should be!!!

BEB

Taking advantage of a lull in the rain and a corresponding respite in the high winds we've been having I took the last minute decision to head for the club strip mid afternoon. Had the piste to myself and managed to fly!!

Had a pleasant starter course- ST Cessna 185 - just lovely to fly in calmer air.

Main course- Phoenix Rainbow - hadn't flown it for about 6 weeks - great.

Dessert - fun with the new Fun Cub - 2 batteries worth - just seem to be able to do anything with it and did my first ever outside loops!

Cheese course - Rainbow again just because I like it so much.

Carriages at 5.15pm (our time!) and put the lights on on the way home - batteries charging by the log fire (well to the side of it), glass of dry sherry and a roast dinner on the way - priceless!

Terry