Futaba FF10 and 64 bit Windows 7

Bob Webster

I stopped using Reflex XTR 2 or 3 years ago and both my radio and computer systems have undergone upgrades since then:
2009: Futaba FF10 modular 2.4GHz FASST replaced FF9 but kept 35 MHz module.
2010: September replaced Core 2 computer with Core i5 laptop with Radeon HD5650 graphics card running 64 bit Windows 7 - should be sufficient to run graphics.
My Reflex XTR dongle is a dark blue version which I believe is out of date anyway.
There is a FF10 upgrade available on the simwerk.de/reflex-flugsimulator website for 99 euros. Seems excessive for an upgrade but what the heck!
I would like to know if my system will work together before handing over the 99 euros though. I want to start using Reflex XTR again, rather than moving to a new even more expensive simulator.
I emailed simwerk earlier this week and got no reply.
Their website also seemed to be a bit buggy, hanging up several times on IE8. Can anybody out there offer some help please?
Or is the Reflex XTR simulator dead in the water?
Bob

Advert

hi bob, persnally i would not spend spend 99 euros on the update, id suggest one of these, and save you some money, i installed reflex's sim and found it to be very poor compared to aerofly simulator, i use ff10 and it works fine just make sure you state futaba in a message to the seller you will need the square plug. bob this is just my opinion.

brett

edited just to say i use a 64 bit, windows 7 hp pavilion,

Edited By Brett Jones on 27/03/2011 11:11:02

Edited By Brett Jones on 27/03/2011 11:11:31

Posted by Bob Webster on 27/03/2011 15:25:07:
I think I'll have a look at Phoenix - there seems to be a lot of support for it and at a price lower than an upgrade.
Thanks
Bob

Good move, it is far better than any of the others mentioned, including G5.

Those dongles are not within the licence agreements, especially if they come with the software.

I wouldn't feel guilty buying one as a backup, as there doesn't seem to be a clear replacement policy for faulty dongles, I saw it stated once that if the dongle failed, you had to buy the programme new again. Not satisfactory!