Best model for a 70mm fan unit..?

TonyS

After the sad recent demise of my Twister I'm looking for a new EDF jet to stick the 70mm fan in.
Bought a Starmax Panther but will be sending it back as they now come with a relatively weedy outrunner (I know,.....in an EDF unit..!!!!?) which makes hand-launches a bit of an art. Can't use the Twister fan in t as it takes a 64mm fan.
Anyone any thoughts please??
T

Edited By TonyS on 14/04/2011 21:03:34

Advert

Ah, Dusty.
My Lander Panther has remained unused for ages now. I simply can't hand-launch it myself and everyone I've asked to launch it for me seems unable to - I've had to repair it three times now without ever getting off the ground!
Maybe I should cut out the wheel wells again as this seems to be the problem for most folk.
T

You can get a very good deal on a Graupner F-15 if you are prepared to retro fit the 70mm fan. That will of course mean you have a spare 64mm fan! I seem to be collecting a few fans now as I only really want the airframes. My F-15 will hopefully end up with a Minifan/HET 2W-20 combo on 4S. My EDO version on the 64mm Cyclone fan/4S goes ok, not quite what I was hoping for. 700odd watts should at least get some good thrust if not mega top speed.

Frank - that looks very nice and not too expensive. Not one I've seen before. Thanks for the link.

PA - The F22 looks scary and I guess it does need a runway which I don't have at the moment. . (I'm only using that as an excuse as it's way too scary for me to even think about....)