Help needed please

Hiya all. I have been delaying the joining of the 2 halves of my Webbit fuselage because I am uncertain how to make sure they are level. I do not have a building jig and will have to rely on the old method of eye alignment. Do any of you have some ideas so I can check everything is right before I add the sticky stuff? Cheers my friends.

Geoff

AKA Webbiteer No 20

I do have a fuselage jig - but TBH I didn't use it for the WebBit cos it quite an easy fuselage to line up with lots of "features" along the edges to act as check points.

Another trick is to align the wing dowel holes by inserting a dowel through each of them. On mine these were accurately cut - obviously check with a dry run first just in case they are "out" on yours - but I doubt it.

Use either PVA or epoxy - they are slow drying so you'll have plenty of time to "eyeball" it from different angles and use the square to make sure its straight. You'd be surprised just how good the "mark 1 eyeball" is at this - you'll pick it up even if its just a gnat's whatsit out and be able to correct before the glue dries.

Go for it!

BEB

Hi Geoff,

Two 6mm drills shank down would work. The holes for the wing pegs were spot on for my model so I used the 3/16 id alloy wing pegs and 15 min Epoxy, this gave time for setting up the clamps and checking alignment, so it was real easy. As BEB says the holes are accurately cut, but may be best to check yours before gluing up .

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited By Big Bandit on 05/05/2011 19:01:38