What motor for this Sbach

Phil 9

the specs for this model listed below. I will be using a 6s lipo (as I have these already). the specs say 80oz motor? Also I think a 70amp ESC will not be large enough?

Can anyone reccomend a motor esc combo for this?

WING SPAN:60"(1520mm)

LENGTH: 58.5"(1490mm)

WING AREA: 738sq.in.(47.6sq.dm.)

FLYING WEIGHT:5-5.5lbs(2300-2500g)

Electric:Brushless outrunner 8Oz. PROP APC16x10E-17x8E LI-POLY 5-6S 3800-5000mAh

Glow:.46-.52 2C .52-.82 4C

RADIO:4CH/5S or 4s 1ESC70A

Features:

1,Latest structure

2,Light weight construction with high structural strength

3,Super quality

4,Excellent aerobatics and 3D performance

5,Easy installation

6,Two pieces removable wings fitted nylon bolts

7,High performance hardware includes:

Ball linkage control system

Fiberglass long servo arms

Servo extension safety connector clips

8,Low wing loading makes it easy to fly

9,6061 T-6 Anodized Aluminum landing gear

10,Carbon fiber wing tube

11,Aerofoil tail wings

12,Powered by Electric or Glow

Advert

Lets aim for around 700 -800 watts for decent performance - you didnt specify but its an aerobatic type model.
On a 6s Lipo 800 watts means only 38A., so first off your 70A ESC is fine.
To get reasonable pitch speed on say the 16 x 10 you need a medium Kv motor, that can handle the current and 800 Watts. Something like THIS
Its 410KV and can handle up to 60A. Will suit the 16 X 10 nicely I reckon..... you may find that you can increase the prop size for even higher power, as its 60A capable.
If you prop for say 50 constant with decent cooling, then on your 6s you will get just over 1kWatt which would be excellnt on this model IMO

thanks wingman and timbo

Timbo I am especially glad you had a look.

I am currently flying a pulse xt60 with an electric setup (suggested by timbo) using this 400kva motor on a 15x8 prop and its a great setup for this model (getting about 1.2KWatt of power)

I am a big fan of the buget motors. I am thinking a high rated ESC like a 85 amp will give me some breathing space (so not running it to close to the max) is this a good idea?

The model above (I do want aerobatic performance) the recommendation is for 16x10 or 17x8. I am guessing the 17x8 is more of a 3D setup?

60 Kv LOL - the 470 will spin faster, and draw more current and be more powerful ( on the same prop and battery of course ) its your choice, its good too - we posted whilst each other was.
Good idea on the higher capacity ESC - whichever one you go for, be sure its capable of handling 6s lipo.