What does this mean.

Advert

Thank you for this gentlemen. I put it down to my age and the time of day. Question is that I have seen reference to an action where you put the throttle stick on your TX right up then switch on and bring the stick back. Will this apply to my set up, only I don't want to do it and the motor starts up in full chat. I have a Radio LInk from GC system. Cheers my friends

Geoff

Not so Wonky Webbit Builder No 20

Edited By Geoff Smith 1 on 13/06/2011 09:02:34

Posted by Tim Mackey - Administrator on 13/06/2011 09:06:24:
It teaches the ESC the travel throws of your throttle.

Thanks Tim, does it have to be done first only I have already connected it up to check my power train.

Geoff

You must remove the prop first for safety Geoff. Disconnect the ESC from the battery, then move the throttle stick to fully open, and then switch on your Tx. Connect the ESC to the main battery, and wait a few seconds for some tones, this puts the ESC into programming mode. Then, move the stick fully closed, and wait for another tone. This confirms that the ESC has "learned" the stick positions of your Tx, then disconnect the ESC, and switch off the Tx. It only needs doing once, after which, you should start up as normal, EG: Tx on first with throttle at idle, then connect ESC. If you change your Tx, it will need re-doing.

PS...make sure you have the throttle travel throw in the tx set to 100%+ and 100% - and also no sub trim in use.
You can do it at any time, as the above procedure will always put the ESC back into programming mode.... but once done, thats it unless you change the Tx.

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 13/06/2011 09:20:36

Timbo
No sub trims on the GC Radiolink actually,It has loverly sliding manual trims .I prefer mine to my Hi tec & Futaba set ups 'cos at least I can go out and use it once mechanically trimmed & servos going the right way . 'tis me age you know! You havn't long to wait .No point grousing -cough cough

Edited By Myron Beaumont on 13/06/2011 13:17:19

Timbo
Quite right. There is no menu nor model memories either.
It's just like Tx's used to be, ie reversible servo travel is all there is on each of the four channels .Then again ,it's dirt cheap & so are the Rxs.
I just adjust the horns on my models I use it with by mechanical means you might say .I think the Planet and a couple of other cheapies are similar if not identical internally but can't be sure about that.of course.
Works well nevertheless -plenty of range for the small models I use with it .(Lekky ones dare I confess !)

Posted by Myron Beaumont on 13/06/2011 21:26:15:
Timbo
Quite right. There is no menu nor model memories either.
It's just like Tx's used to be, ie reversible servo travel is all there is on each of the four channels .Then again ,it's dirt cheap & so are the Rxs.
I just adjust the horns on my models I use it with by mechanical means you might say .I think the Planet and a couple of other cheapies are similar if not identical internally but can't be sure about that.of course.
Works well nevertheless -plenty of range for the small models I use with it .(Lekky ones dare I confess !)

Hiya Myron, have you got the same radio as mine? Mine has got them flaming electrical trims and not manual and there is a six model memory facility plus all the other bits and bobs which I will never possibly use. Cheers mate.

Geoff

No So Wonky Webbit Builder No 20

Geoff
Obviously a different kettle of fish Eh? Wished I could send photos but there was no literature with it 'except how to bind it. Just below the aerial ,a 1 1/2" silver & blue plaque says RL radio control system Along the bottom is a hole unused where a crystal would normally be ,then the name T4U & then the four servo reversing switches and finally the ON/OFF switch.Charging socket on the RHS but it runs on 8 dry non re-chargeable cells .
Seems like I'm not the only one prefers manual trims .It was my main reason for getting it apart from the price of course! Simple is best I'm afraid for me .Can't remember the exact price but it was about £19 for the Tx I think & Rxs about £9.so I got three of them
Myron

Hiya Myron my friend. I have the rather posh sounding T6EAP. It seems I went the expensive route 'cos mine was the exorbitant price of £59. Like I said it does everything most of which I will never use but it does look impressive. I'll see if I can get a picture on here for you to drool over. LOL
Cheers my friend

Geoff

Edited By Geoff Smith 1 on 14/06/2011 08:34:04