R/C Flight simulator for Vista HELP

Jon

• 1 year later...
Hi, This all sounds frighteningly familiar! I have a new laptop on vista and my old fms sim will not run. Does anyone know of any fixes (I am not very pc friendly) or can anyone reccomend a better sim at a reasonable price which will run on vista? I understand the Reality Craft Plane Master is supposed to run on vista, does anyone have any experience of this?

Google "fms to vista" and you will find a lot of info

This link may help   

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730253

Once I copied the DDL file into the system of my Dell laptop I had no problems with FMS.  If you are not to computer literate you may need assistance but all I am saying it will work on Vista

• 3 weeks later...

i am using phoenix successfully on a dell vista laptop. the laptop is a 6400 inspiron so not high spec. i only bought the phoenix recently and the disk is the 1.5j version. i have updated to version 2 from the website, and this is very good.

However, i borrowed an older version of phoenix last year and when i updated that to 1.5j it ground to a halt. i reinstalled 1.4 at accepted that  was all my laptop was good for. however, as i said earlier, i decided to have a go with my 1.5j disk, found it was ok and then tried vesion 2 . why i do not know.

hth  andy

Hi Jon

To take you back to your original post. Flight simulators are good (although the ART-TECH one is pretty crude although it worked ok on my windows XP) but looking at a screen is not quite the same as following the real thing.

Properly set up the Wing Dragon is a pretty docile flyer and if as you say "you are finding it increasingly difficult to crash" well done, you have probably got over the initial hurdles, so keep on flying.

If you don't try anything fancy you should find the 4 channel version a bit easier to control but it will still come down pretty quick if you move the sticks incorrectly (I found out the hand way) so if you are not looking up into the sky, you are too low, unless of course you are coming in to land!