Variations on a theme.

well i have thrown together a couple of planes using tom's pipe lagging design as inspiration for the fuselage and some old wings that were lying about.

the brushed motor on this one will be changed very soon, but its pipe lagging for the fuselage and decathlon wings.

the next one uses again pipe lagging and a set of foam cub wings for a slightly different look.

now i know they are not pretty or indeed might not be everybody's cup of tea, but they cost very little and have taken no time to throw together.

i must thank tom for the wings and the push to get building again.

Dastardlyand Mutley's plane flew today and in true dick dastardly style crashed.

there is a distinct lack of rudder response in the air. ended up crashing it as it was heading for a tree and not turning enough.
bent the shaft in the rubbish brushed motor i was using.
think it had too much side thrust. anyway i will fit a small brushless motor tonight and check over the rudder (it does move the full amount each way) then have another go monday eve.

Hi Tony .
The Dastardly and Mutly" s ,Decathlon wing was originally a high wing design,now you have used it as a shoulder wing it is unlikely that the dihedral angle will be sufficient to give effective rudder response.
You could try increasing the rudder area ,as a first option ,but more dihedral will certainly do the trick.