Bird Dog to Dead Dog

RIP
On take off she immediately went left and despite full right stick, she would not come up. A cartwheel followed and too much damage to repair this time. Unknown cause but on post crash inspection, the port aileron was fully up. I had completed by far the longest pre flight so I can say they were operating correctly before take off. One possibly for the X files.

Went out and bought a Travel Air today as retail therapy though....

Advert

Sorry to hear about your woe's...

If you were a complete novice, it'd be understandable, but with experience under you belt, it does seem odd... ?? Someone above mentioned giving it more Down and right thrust, maybe thet would have helped, but either way its now a sad memory...

Roll on the next model...

Luv
Chrisie.. xx

Were you using Futaba S3003's I've have some experiences found out, that either they go dead, or go full deflection and stay there?

I mentioned more down and right thrust. Flies perfectly now, but sorry to see a RIP model.

At least it's not an expensive airframe, and the question is: Will you buy another one, to replace?

Edited By Paul Marsh on 29/11/2011 09:12:38

Posted by Paul Marsh on 29/11/2011 09:12:20:

Were you using Futaba S3003's I've have some experiences found out, that either they go dead, or go full deflection and stay there?

I mentioned more down and right thrust. Flies perfectly now, but sorry to see a RIP model.

At least it's not an expensive airframe, and the question is: Will you buy another one, to replace?

Edited By Paul Marsh on 29/11/2011 09:12:38

Don't think I'll buy another just jet. As I have just put my beloved Calmato into a tree, I think a period of licking wounds d quiet reflect is called for. I was using Tower Pro servos by the way.
Regards.