Seagull Swift 40 ARTF 63" Trainer

With the Demise of an old Wot 4 Ive never really got to grips with apart from 3 Saturdays ago when it performed brilliantly,I now have a box of Engine Servos ,receiver and bettery all jumping up and down eager to be fitted into something new.Ive decided to go back to basics and start again with a simple straight forward trainer to get plenty of stick time without any nerves and just relax and enjoy.When I arrived home from successfully recovering the model from the most negleted area of the farm we fly from,I felt sure that the reason for lack of control was the detached elevator,in that it was still on the model but only because it hadnt fallen off being trapped on the fuselage.As soon as the parts had been stripped out I looked up Seagulls website and found they had introduced a new Trainer,the Swift 40.Suitable for either IC or Electric I have decided to go IC fitting th SC 52 2 stroke just rescued from under a hedge.Hopefully the kit should arrive Wednesday Next week and itll be my aim to have its maiden flight the next day Thursday.Im starting to check my stores to ensure everything is in stock

Advert

Hi Steven, your post could not have come at a better time for me as I have just bought an SC 56 FS and the trainer it's going in is the Seagull Swift 40 when my local model shop has one in stock so I will be very interested to read your build notes and flying comments concernig this new 40 sized trainer. Now crack on dear sir and don't forget to post some pictures

Ive just collected my Swift,first impressions are brilliant.As ARTF go this one goes further.Choice of U/C,hornd prefitted Tank made up with tube already attaced,hinges fitted and pinned.Wheels fitted,engine mount fitted,looks good quality and a doddle to finish Im starting now.Only one p-hoto for now as its taken an age to load more at the end

Hi Stephen.
I've had 3 Seagull models, A-star, PC 9 and now Edge 540, all have been good quality and flown great .Hope the Swift follows suit.
Good luck. Keep us informed.
Phil

I agree Phil good quality and value for money.This kit surpassed the others it took less than 3 hours of restful putting together and I enjoyed doing it very much,Lots already done.When I fitted the tankl I used foam to hold it in position,I had a little shaving to fit the servos but not much.I fitted larger wheels.I had to cut a clearance at the front of the fuselage to fit the needle valve.I fitted an SC 52 2 stroke.I had to shave the rear of the fuselage to clear a double collett that is used for the steerable rear wheel.You can fit trike u/c if you wish.The kit has an electric conversion included.Its a good looking model,probably an update of the Boomerang or E pioneer.Very pleased with it so far.Im unable to get the photos to load at present beemn trying all evening

Oh well done Stephen great pictures. I've just received a test to say mine has arrived carnt waite just llike a little kid at Christmas so excited. If you have anymore information you can lelay concerning your build and installation it would be of great interest

Lovely day today and off down to the field for the maiden.I did wonder about the bolt in the middle of the bulk heaad and had trouble with the tank but soon sorted it out.The maiden was a piece of cake.Take off as straight as a dye..Small amount of left trim amd up trim and it flew straight and level.But it is so easy to fly.Its responsive flies very slowly but with the Sc 52 has bags of power.Very Very impressed.The landing is a doddle came in slow and stable for a perfect touch down.Loads of control with just throttle ,a real joy to fly .You guys that have bought one are in for a real treat.Well done Seagull.The only problem I had was human error on the fuel pipes and discovering you remove the top of the bulkhead to get at the tank or on electric fit the battery.I found out because the windscreen end lifted slightly.The other job I did was changed the prop up to a 12x 7 and thats it 10 out of 10

They describe it as a Sport Scale,but theyve reprofiled the end of the wings and it floats in very stabily ans slow to land.My fastest landing was on a dead stick and thewre were no problems.The only problem I had today was the tail wheel collett came loose.2 minutes and it was back up and here are some photos

I love the model too. Seagull have done really well with this one. Just cant wait to fly her myself. My instructor took her up on saturday for her maiden and she was perfect. Only problem I have is the defective buddy connection on the dx5e meant I couldn't fly her myself. Lets hope that changes as soon as i get it back from HH.