Ancient Model Diesels Book...

I would have thought this would be quite valuable to an engine collector and therefore one of the vintage engine traders should be approached to buy it rather than give it away to someone who might just sell it themselves.  Or put it into an engine auction.
Dickie Laidlaw Dickson is a well known name as editor of Model Maker and also connected to Aeromodeller, RCME etc.
D A Russell is also a famous name in aeromodelling.

Edited By kc on 01/08/2011 16:42:01

My hunch was right.....this very book is for sale on Amazon for 12 pounds and up to 47 pounds!
I cannot quite think of the name but a week or so ago at Old Warden there was at least one stand full of vintage engines. This is normal at such shows. Probably be there again on 10 Sept for Vic Smeed Memorial day or the 11th Sept Modelair meeting.
Also there is an engine auction coming up soon I think.

I would also suggest an advert in RCME, perhaps asking for best offers. Better than Ebay I would think. If it was a gift to you I wonder whether suggesting the proceeds go to charity would get a fair price & avoid any problems?

Edited By kc on 01/08/2011 17:48:21

Edited By kc on 01/08/2011 17:51:10

Edited By kc on 01/08/2011 18:02:27

Its a thought kc.....

I hadn't really thought of it having any real monetary value more an intrinsic value in that it might be of real interest to those who like these things.....

It wasn't really a gift...more of a "Look what I found in the back of a drawer..." sort of a thing.....I consider it part of my wifes Dowry so I can do what I like with it....!!!

If you think thats dear check out Gordon Whiteheads book Scale Models for Everyday Flying. It's selling at up to 320 pounds! Crazy but its the best book on aeromodelling.

To think you nearly gave it away........why didnt I ask for it!

Don't raise your hopes too high. You can get a copy of Model Diesels, probably in similar condition to the one in the photo, for £14 free postage.

Gordon Whiteheads Scale Models is a bit dearer at £30 + £3.50 postage.

Have a look at abebooks.co.uk.

Yes I would say thats about right at 14 pounds for the Model Diesels book

The Whitehead book is avail in new condition on Amazon for 19.50 pounds and worth that I reckon, it such a good book for any kind of RC aero models not just scale. Anyone who builds planes and does not have this Whitehead book should try to buy it!