Alula Evo

Devon Flyer

Got it.

Did people just leave the bigger moulding holes or tape over them or something. By moulding holes I mean the bigger ones - there is one on one side of the tail and I think two on the underside of each wing.

Thanks.

Edited By birdy on 05/04/2012 10:24:37

• 7 months later...
Posted by Tim Mackey on 03/08/2011 12:07:07:
Had one, could never get it quite "dialled in" as it is VERY sensitive to COG and control throws, and I simply ran out of patience. I swopped it for the dreamflight weasal evo, which I love.
The Alula is a very good model if set up correctly, and will fly in a sparrows fart.

Same with my Alula; I wish I had saved up a bit more for an Elf. Can't aford to bin it, but may try another Rx. Good job I bought two more rolls of Blenderm tape; currently on the second roll, the skid has been off so many times.

Will be into my third month of test flying soon. If I could buy 1" Blenderm in the UK I woud tape hinge the elevons as they are very stiff and may be giving false neutrals.

Tony

• 4 months later...
Posted by Biggles46 on 17/11/2012 15:45:03:
Posted by Tim Mackey on 03/08/2011 12:07:07:
Had one, could never get it quite "dialled in" as it is VERY sensitive to COG and control throws, and I simply ran out of patience. I swopped it for the dreamflight weasal evo, which I love.
The Alula is a very good model if set up correctly, and will fly in a sparrows fart.

Same with my Alula; I wish I had saved up a bit more for an Elf. Can't aford to bin it, but may try another Rx. Good job I bought two more rolls of Blenderm tape; currently on the second roll, the skid has been off so many times.

Will be into my third month of test flying soon. If I could buy 1" Blenderm in the UK I woud tape hinge the elevons as they are very stiff and may be giving false neutrals.

Tony

I know its a late reply (first look in the flatties section) and probably you have found a source for Blenderm, in case you havent I ordered a few rolls through my local pharmacy, they got hold of it no problem. Finally managed to get some colour on mine after a few years with it white, bit of a cop out just copied my Weasel scheme.

p1070114.jpg