Twister CP Gold spares?

SheffSean.

My wife bought me a Twister CP Gold and in my hurry to fit the radio gear I switched on the receiver and plugged in the Li-Po battery only to find i`d not slid the throttle stick on my tx down to the bottom and like a plank I have shredded the main cog, what i`d like to know is whats the best supplier for heli parts and how much I should expect to pay please, thanks in advance.

Sean.

Advert

• 4 weeks later...
Your not wrong fella`s, had a few mis-haps and also i`ve had a some fun and games with my Twister, if it weren`t for the other guys in the club I go to each weekend i`d have given up with it, we set up all the pitch etc one week and the next weekend it seemed to have changed, but after saying that it`s still been fun, but and there is a but, i`ve been advised to get something bigger thats going to be a lot more stable in flight and the windy conditions that grace our field so i`ve placed an order for a complete new set up in the form of a T-Rex 500, a Spektrum radio along with all the other stuff required to fly, glad i`ve got an understanding wife, LOL, i`ll let you all know how I get on guys, wish me luck

Sean.

I don't think you'll regret your 500. I'm still learning on mine, but I'm impressed with the way it handles winds that keep most of our fixed-wing flyers grounded, such as last weekend. It's not much fun to fly in those conditions, but it's stable enough that you can get some stick time practising the hover. Don't forget the training gear until you're happy you can land it without it falling over.

Sean, If you are pushing the boat out and buying bigger why not go for the Trex 550 or even my prefered heli the Gaui 550 ,which is 30 sized and so stable, plus you can still use your 3S 2200 packs but with two in series.

Some of the lads at our club have had Trex 500's but have moved up to the Trex 550 as it is still a manageable size and the spares are still affordable. It is also has better manners that the pumped up 500 and allows you to use a slower head speed which in turn helps to reduce the inevitable panic that occurs when you fly bigger and more expensive helicopters

As for training gear, Sean, I made my own from a couple of lengths of 6mm (I think) carbon rod I had lying around, with ping pong balls on the end. Fastened it to the skids with cable ties.

It didn't take long before the chances of me landing it upright were high enough to take it off -- I was beginning to have more trouble from it snagging the long grass when my heli drifted from the landing spot during a low hover. But it paid for itself during the first few flights.

Too late Barry, i`ve already ordered it mate, infact i`m hoping it arrives on Monday, point of fact is I crashed my Twister totaly decapitating one of my wifes solar garden lights and stripping the main gear again, I almost cried with laughter when I saw the light, then I saw my blades with the lumps out of the ends, ooops, so i`m heli-less until either a set of blades arrive or my 500 arrives.
Thats not a bad idea Allan, I can get hold of carbon fibre rods from my local diy shop, if I cant get a shop bought one that is deffinatly an option, thanks.

Sean.

Sean, I have been there with the garden ornaments as well. It never ceases to amaze me how a little twister sized heli (Esky King 2 in my case) can cause so much damage to statues and plants, even with just the wooden blades on. I'm only allowed to fly the MCP-x in the back garden now.

I am sure you will find any of the 450 up sizes of Align heli more durable and easier to fly than the twister, which looks very similar to the old Blade CP / Esky CP to me and both have the habit of stripping main gears in even a light blade strike.

Look forward to hearing how you get on and have fun but stay safe - and remember -bigger heli's cause bigger cuts!!

Barry