Multiplex Gemini

jez

just done my maiden flight with a multiplex gemini , and what a model it is great flyer and full marks to punticelo modelspot    ( is that how ya spell it??)     for the advice to upgrade to the acromaster power set , will just say if any one thinkin about it go for it , fab set up,  well worth the extra bit of cash !!!!!!!!!

jez

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

nice one bill, yea havent seen a bad report yet ! had about 10 flights now with mine , cant beleive how it handles in the wind too, just cant get enough of it ,   multiplex really seem to have got it together , even my sonic liner ,(as bizzare as it looks) , flies soo well great platform for mini video cameras too .

has anybody got a fun jet ??? think could be the next purchase

hiya Jez, I was thinking of getting either a funjet or twinjet ,may treat myself for Xmas . I have been flying for about a year , started with the old faithful Twinstar, then Easyglider (electric ), then the other week got my Gemini, I like Multiplex planes , so easy to repair. am also tempted by your Sonic liner,does look unusual . so much good stuff out there. Funjet or Twinjet ? I dont know .

hi maurice

think the fun jet may be the way to go especially with a brushless upgrade !!!! bit cheaper me thinks than the twin motor set up .

sonic liner flies well on standard 400 brushed but had to vent the fusalage to keep the  esc cool, apart from that a very relaxing plane to fly , but not very airobatic but have had a few loops out of her

hi Jez, I was thinking on the same lines, only 1 motor to buy. Funjet it is, only! hope I can handle it O.K.  Wrecked my Twinstar today let it go across the sun like a nob for just a moment then it went worm hunting, picked up all the bits & cyano,d it back together (again). it may just fly again. cheers for helping me decide. good flying

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jez had another fly with GEMMA (Gemimi) the other day, got to get used to the elerons,just wish this wind would die a little never mind shortest day soon so soon be spring. just finished building Phase 3 F.16 dont know what to expect but hope i have set it up right.watch this space as they say. Had a Pico jet about a year ago had great fun with it but had a senior moment with it so is is no more.

Have fun

Rowdy

hi bill

yep i had a senior moment with my alfa sabre the other  week after some great flights , showing off i'm afraid ! not very easy to repair compared to multiplex, but will get there , glad gemini going well, best plane ihave  got so far and i got a few !!!!!!! roll on some nice frosty weekends .

will be intrested in your f16 i have got an air power f16 2nd hand off my brother not flown yet but have seen it flying and it is great, but do struggle hand launching ducted fans , !!!!!

happy flying

jez

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a pic of my Gemini, made to look a bit like a Polikarpov biplane.  The Gemini flies so well!  I'm using the more powerful 'Acromaster and Gemini Tuning' motor with the Castle Creations 45A ESC, plus a Thunder Power 2070mAh 3S lipo and a JR RS70 receiver.  I've got the centre of gravity at about 85mm, but the plane seems unfussy about that.  The plane is nice and easy to fly with reduced throws - takes off easy, flies slow, lands easy.  But it can also fly full 3D moves with the recommended throws.  Probably the most perfect-handling plane I've ever flown.  

(Okay, I'll have to attach the pic to a separate message once I work out how to attach it - the 'insert image' button won't let me upload an image from my PC, only point to an image on a website)

Great stuff Gary.

A mate of mine is getting one over Christmas and wants me to trim it out for him. All the flight videos I've seen of them, they look to fly really well.

He's umm'ed and arr'ed over which power set to run on it for a while and has decided on the Acromaster one like you, so that sounds perfect.

I'll let you know how we get on.

he wont be dissapointed in the acro set up fantastic !!!!!    as for the trimming david , when i set mine up i centred the servos , and didnt cut loose the airlons till i had all the connections done to the servos , then cut them free , the first test flight she flew perfectly level with no trimming, very small throws to start with 3-5 mm and have some fun !!!!!

cool paint job gary have a good xmas all , lets hope for some still days

jez

In response to Bill's question - I didn't use the foam spinner that comes with the Gemini (it was all fuzzy and when I tried to sand it I just make it worse, so I gave up on it).  I'm using a normal prop adapter and plastic spinner.

I was flying the Gemini at lunchtime today, perfect windstill cloudless sunny day, won't be too many more of those for a while I guess.

Thanks Gary will leave spinner as it is.Glad you got a fly in yesterday,still blowing well here lovely day though.perhaps tomorrow HA! HA!.Been busy putting Phase 3 MIRAGE JET together,having a bit of bother with elervon mixing.elivator ok but cant seem to change ailerons round the right way, must be somthing to do with senior moments trouble is when i do eventually get it ok I forget what i have done.

Yes, I went into the shop to buy an Acromaster and then I saw the Gemini and decided to go for that instead.  I had flown a friend's Acromaster and loved it.  The two planes fly very similarly (particularly if they're both fitted with the Acromaster motor).  The Acromaster is slightly better if you want to focus on 3D aerobatics.  It has less drag so it slows down less in turns, and glides a bit better.  Also it's slightly easier to build.  But of course it doesn't look as interesting.  Perhaps the Acromaster is the sensible choice and the Gemini the fun choice!

Hi all, I managed to get at fly in on saturday morning bit breezy but I think i am improving with each flight with Gemini.  Also flew again today.NO WIND at all must be a first for weeks. re balanced Gemini last night.moved bettery forward about 5mm and what a difference. This is the best plane i have had so far.

Happy Christmas to all.

Bill