Club competitions

Advert

• 5 weeks later...
Hi - if I can sneak in please! Any further ideas will be appreciated for a non aerobatic fun competition for club members. I am trying to put together some flying ideas that will be suitable for both novice flyers as well as `old hands`, possibly including a (workable) handicap system to even things out. Fixed wing: electric or i.c. planes.
Gentlemen and Ladies, over to you.

Mario

We hold an annual Efficiency Comp.

30 seconds of power from lift off then idle or off for engine and glide for as long as possible.

Then divide the glide time by 30 and this gives glide time per second of power.

The higher the resulting number, the better..!!!!

We have 2 categories - all f/w!! I/C and Electric.

I won it last year for the i/c side!!!

A good one is to fit a small cup onto the model .like an egg cup size,ours are glued to a piece of wood and held on the wing with a couple of rubber bands.Put water in the cup do a loop measure the water and the person with the most water wins.Same theme,we had a golf ball in the cup,and you had to loop and drop the ball on a target.Of cause someone somehow went astray and dropped the golf ball on the bonnet of a car,big dent,good job it wasnt someones head.The number of loops you can do in a number of seconds.Limbo under a streamer ,how manty times in 2 minutes.When we do the glide we have a target to land on or nearest