A lot of promises about Futaba Fasst Telemetry and no bang

Erfolg

I have been making inquiries via this site about Fasst Rx,s by second tier companies Corona , Frsky etc. Whilst hanging five, surfing the world wide web, I came across a Telemetry system by Frsky.

There have been promises that the high cost of the Futaba Fasst systems that will be able to do so much more. To-date zilch, diddly squat. If and when something comes available, I suspect that the cost of the system will come with a reassuringly expensive price tag. I also imagine that my 6ax and 8 fg Tx will require additional something or other to make it work.

I personally like the concept of the Eagle Tree Dashboard system, though not the price.

I have noted that both GC and HK sell a Frsky Dashboard , which seems far more affordable. I have briefly read what it does, yet and not that clear what its capabilities actually are.

I am specifically immediately interested in down loading the flight profile by height, real time height variometer, the real time speed would also be of interest.

Has anyone purchased and used this package of products?

Advert

I don't see the point of the live display, in the time it takes to read the airspeed on approach, the ground has already risen up at speed to meet the plane.

The Eagletree logger is useful to me though, I can graph it all on a laptop and see what happened on a flight, and use that info if needed on the next flight.

I have a battery monitor that transmits the voltage to a receiver attached to the TX, and even that is a waste, I just stick a cheap monitor/alarm in the plane, and if a cell goes low, I can hear it beeping from far away, without taking my eye off the plane.

Got to say I tend to agree with S W-O. I purchased the FrSky DHT-U, Rx, hub and altimeter vario and GPS just to have a play. Have only played with it on the 'bench' but can not imagine taking my eyes off of a plane long enough to take in and register the information displayed on the screen then back to the plane. Have discarded the system to my 'bits' draw and have the opinion that telemetry info by a screen is of very limited use. The only, IMO, way is to have speech/sounds conveying the telemetry data to the pilot ie vario - with a rising or falling tone and altitude with an anouncement. This does of course limit the amount of telemetry data(anouncements/sounds) if there is going to be a reasonable data refresh rate.