DX7, FF7 or Wait ???

Max Kirk

Advert

tricky one Max. probably depends on how much gear you already have. Will you need to replace many receivers if you go 2.4?
The 2.4 version of the 6EXA is due next month and FF7 is due this summer.

If you really need to do something now and you've got a few models then the FF7 is a fine little unit and pretty cheap for the TX only. If I were you and could wait a few months then I'd start to upgrade - 2.4 is where it's going.

I think it might be a couple of years before there is any significant drop in prices on the 2.4ghz front. The DX7, and especially DX6 sets, are well priced already - compare a DX7 with a JR 2720 set, not much difference in functionality or price.
I don't think it will be long before HiTec brings one out. They have traditionally priced themselves a bit under JR/Futaba etc. so there will be a bit of a saving there.
I bought a DX6 for park flying and electrics at my club and it is a real joy not to have to worry about frequency clashes. Saving for a DX7 for glow/diesel flying.