Please kill off Bertie Barnstormer it's just not funny!

cameramanpilot

I saw at the start of this thread about giving away something other than a plan with the mag. I think that is not a bad idea. I know the mag sometimes finds it hard to find new plans for each month.

with the age of ARTF building is now not done by everyone. I would even go far to say that most models flying today are ARTF and not built.

The idea of reprinting some old but classic plans also came up and I also think this is a good idea.

Stickers were mentioned as an alternative to a plan and timbo immediate dismissed the idea. but a set of dial decals i think would be used by more people than another plan. with the battle of Britain 70th coming up what about a set of decals to match the upcoming TN spitfire that is due to be featured.

other free gifts might be a free battery on board battery level indicator.

even the most prolific builder would find it hard to build a model a month. I am not saying we should not have free plans but maybe we could do with less and concentrate on quality over quantity

Advert

Sorry, cameraman type person, but I would not put my hand up in public to admit to helping put out some of the so called "comedy" on TV these days.

I have been aeromodeling for 56 years man and boy and grew up to the Goon Show, Round the Horne etc. Proper comedy, actually funny.  Berty reminds me of classic Brit comedy, 50% fact: 50% satire.

Good case in point is Terry Pratchet.  Bedwettingly funny discworld series.  An attempt was made to film a couple of his books.  Very talented cast and crew, fell flat. At least for me.

What has any of this got to do with building and flying model aircraft....

Buggrit buggrit millenium hand and shrimp.