RDMFC Aerotow

Date is now confirmed for our annual aero-towing day. 29th July 2012.
All welcome, aero-tugs available on the day, throughout the day.
Flying commences 10AM, 35Mhz or 2.4Ghz.
Details will be published on the club website, RDMFC.

Even if you haven't a model yourself  - come along and see what its all about

Edited By Tim Mackey on 25/01/2012 12:55:29

Advert

Tim I've been updating the club webpage over the last couple of days the old article has now gone but there's a slideshow I've posted of last years Aerotow

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Tim,

Had a look at Hobbyking, a few caught my eye but some of the reviews seemed a bit iffy, particularly relating to delivery damage. Haven't ruled them out but some of the Ripmax offerings seem to fit the bill.

Anyway, rather than hijack this thread I've continued my search over at the Joy of Slope

Dave,
Now you will have to come so that I'm not the only one.

Here's another shot of our resident tug for the last seven or eight years, there are unconfirmed rumours there may be an even bigger one this year.

• 5 months later...

I had a great first ever aerotow day. I made four flights with my DG1000 and only had to resort to raising the power pod twice - my first landing would have been short if hadn't given it a little push and the 2nd flight was finished before the strip was clear so I used the motor to go around.

I was pleased to meet up with Tim, Dave & Richard again, Ultymate - where were you? I wanted to say hello! It was good to chat worth other pilots too and as is often the case, a good friendly bunch they were too.

Thanks RDMFC for hosting this event and thanks to the tug pilots flying goodness knows how many sorties to satisfy our desires to keep flying. Oh and thanks to weather for only being a bit brisk and just a few light showers with some good spells of sunshine.

I took a few photos and I'll have a quick look at them in a moment, hopefully there will some worth posting here.

Edited By Ian Jones on 29/07/2012 21:49:49