StevensAero - S-POU

Robin,
I'm currently building the Stevens Aero Liddllerod
They are great kits, designed for the gear out of the Parkzone Ultra Micro kit and the Sukhoi gear would be perfect in the S-Pou.
In fact, that is exactly what I've used., and also a couple of other guys at our monthly indoor meets have done the same.
I'm sure you wouldn't regret buying one of their kits

Here's my Stevens Aero Liddlerod finished.....

I hope to maiden it at indoor meet on Sunday, although it will mean me missing my sleep as I'm on nights

I've already started building an S-Pou

That looks lovely Andy.

I'm now trying to resist the temptation to canabalise both my dead Sukhoi but also my working Piper and buying a couple of the Steve Aero range!

Must finish this funfighter first, then I think one or more of this range will be next.

r.

I've got a Diddlebug that's ready for covering - I'm using the recommended GWS gearbox.

Lovely build, I'm really keen to build another Stevens Aero design.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

John,

I did indeed, and both the S-Pou and the Liddlerod flew beautifully, and I was very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

You do have to remember, however, that they are lightweight balsa structures, and are somewhat less resilient than the foam models. Both picked up minor damage, but also both were easily repaired (a matter of seconds with some cyano)

I also maidened the Farman, but that appeared to have massive CoG problems, despite being balanced at the recommended position. As I have no more indoor meets until October, I will not bother with that until later in the year.

Andy

Edited By Andy Ennis on 19/03/2012 11:10:26

Andy, great to hear that the S-Pou flew well

Andy,

Great to hear that the S-Pou flew well, especially as its quite an unorthodox design!! I'm fiddling with the servo/receiver (PKZ3351in mine) connections to control surfaces!! Not alot of room for fat fingers!!

Found the kit a great build so far though - laser cutting so crisp and accurate and brilliantly thought out instructions too.

John.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...