my first petrol engine and model advice

andy willis

hi all i just bought Eg mxs-r 25% 75" wing span lovelly looking model matt hall colour scheme, just bought Crrc pro 26 cc petrol engine has anyone had experience with this engine and also am using spektrum radio gear with

savox torque servos anyone recommend the right battery which works well with this format as i will be doing bit of 3d and sport

thanks andy

Advert

I've got 2 CRRC 26's. One mk 1 and one Mk2, with the beam mount. I'd recommend a 6v battery on the receiver and servos, and 4 cell on the ignition. Don't use 6v on ignition, as they tend to fry!

For safety, on my larger models, I use two battery packs through a Powerbox dual switch, which keeps supplying power, if one battery fails/shorts out. Peace of mind.

Couple of Sub -C A123 type battery linked through a matchbox or similar should be fine. Savox all round will draw some power. CRRC 26 v2 (if it is) is an ok engine. Slightly down on power to a Zenoah,MVVS equilvelant. No standard clunk in the tank, go felt.

Oh, Take the ratchet off your throttle stick if you haven't already. Aids 3d'ing.

Am sure better folk than me will be along with better and more comprehensive advice

Edited By BB on 27/01/2012 19:03:37

• 3 weeks later...