Futaba 6EX

Adrian Day

Advert

Hi Adrian

I gather it is 2.4, I have used both the FRSKY TFR6 and TFR8 with no problems at all, both from Giant Cod.

The 8 is used on a powered Zagi and the 6 on my Speedo sloper. Both are full range and around the £22-£25 price range, they also do a four channel.

Size wise, I would say the TFR8 is a little bigger than futaba 617 and the TRF6 a bit smaller.

Hope this helps

Phil

Edited By Big Phil on 04/03/2012 15:49:23

Adrian,

You can buy one from Giant Cod or from Hobby King.

I use the hobby king one myself it takes roughly 2-3weeks to get here however. Here is the link to it (by the way it has no failsafe - Trust me)

Link 1

The other option is from giant cod I have never tried it myself, here is the link

Link 2

I hope this is helpful

Edited By David Ashby on 04/03/2012 16:10:02

Thanks you everyone

sorry i should have put that in the first part carperfect its a 2.4 yes got it yesterday combo but i want a little something for test building so it dont need to be anything special but something thats cheap and can move the servos

thank you big Phil will look into them and see what they are like thank you ..

Thank you Tony H never tried anything hobby king not sure why for some reason someone once said they charge you when picking things up from the postie .. but if they anygood may just do it.. thanks for the links they a big help will have a good look and go from there
Regards
Adrian

good evening there Steve ..
hope life is treating you well kind sir

yes i have a new 2.4 now yes with a receiver that I'm pretty happy with oh its so light in comparison to the breeze block Sanwa thing .. but this one i want is for the build of the new PIX-E testing everything and don't want to go over the top on pricing .. kind of 0 - 20 is good..

have looked at your link have you ordered much from them may just have to get that one looks pretty good works out about 14 before p&p
who are T9Hobbysports ?? not heard of them before i don't think

Regards

Adrian

Moving with the times Adrian...good to see thumbs up!!!

The FrSky unit is oh so light & small.....about 8g or not much more than a 1/4oz in old money....about £17 from Hobbyking plus a couple of quid postage & normally takes around 10-12 days or so....yes I've ordered lots from them....so much that I'm a Platinum member.....smile d...maybe best not tell my wife that bit.....

No problems so far....it all just.....works...thumbs up

T9hobbysport also sell the FrSky units...a few quid more than HK thought.....they are better known to the glider guiders of the parishsmile...

Posted by Adrian Day on 04/03/2012 17:52:01:
Thank you Tony H never tried anything hobby king not sure why for some reason someone once said they charge you when picking things up from the postie ..

When ordering from outside Europe anything over about £18 is technically liable for VAT and/or duty. In practice, most stuff from Hong Kong gets through without being charged - unless it's of a reasonably high value and/or in a large box! Problem is, the carrier charges their own "handling charge" on top of the tax. So with Parcelforce I once paid £21 to settle a £7 tax bill. So it's a bit of a gamble!

As already mentioned, T9hobbysport are well known and I've ordered gear from them with no problem on several occasions. thumbs up

What John says is perfectly true......IF HMRC "catch" you then you get a bill for the VAT, import duty AND a bill of around £15 from Royal mail as an admin fee to collect the tax from you.....don't you just love the Government.angry 2

In practice though this has never happened to me...yet! (touches piece of balsa kept handy for such purposes)

Hi All
thanks for your comments , i think i will go with the uk sets things out so i know where i stand . and dont need hidden extras being put on for good measure..

As Im such a good boy and all that.. dont want to get on the wrong side of the law now he! he!

some things are not worth the risk when you can get them on GC and T9 think thats going to be the place to go

Thanks again for your comments