HK U/c servoless retracts and Oleos too big in diameter

Advert

Alan

There isn't a slot as such in the retracts meant for wire u/c s ,it's a flat surface that the oleos I have bought are slightly too big in diameter to close up against .Only a matter of maybe twenty five thou in old money .Reckon I'll just file away a sliver of plastic after what you've said .The oleos cost more than tbe retracts by the way !

Thanks Myron

Myron, I think I mentioned this issue to you a while ago. The HK retracts are providing Stirling service on my Spitfire, and I'm very pleased for the money. I wouldn't touch them!

I had the giantcod oleos which didn't fit for the reason described. I got some more slender oleos from the guys at gliders in Newark, which were exactly the right size for a 62.5 inch Spit. The giantcod oleos went on eBay and were snapped up on a buy it now for what I payed in less than an hour.

I noticed that when I bought them on giant cod there was very little information about dimensions, so I put them on a pice of paper', marked up all the dimensions and used a photo of the leg on the dimensions in the listing.

The one I bought were about £8.50 each and are available as ripmax spares so your LMS should be able to get them. They are the ones that come with the Sky RC kit here.

Edited By GrahamC on 29/03/2012 07:42:35

Graham

Just found the labels .The retracts are HKD-514's and the oleos Z-SKYRE0303 . Anyway ,on closer examination ,I reckon all will be OK if I remove the joining flashing on the two halves of the retract casing against which the oleo sits. A perfect fit should then be possible . Thanks again .Should have gone to specsavers .Fingers crossed !