Myron is in hospital

Myron Beaumont

Advert

AND another thing! They put me on nicotine patches- full strength ones .Not until I got home did I work out that they were pumping about ten times more nicotine into my partial blood system than my 30 roll ups did per day. As a consequence I am trying to get back to my 30 a day just like I've been used to for 50 odd years . At least I'm not woken every two hours to have my blood pressure taken . After a couple of days ,I was taking bets as to what it was and was within 5 most times on the two measurements .sad

Posted by Myron Beaumont on 30/04/2012 12:41:41:

At least I'm not woken every two hours to have my blood pressure taken . After a couple of days ,I was taking bets as to what it was and was within 5 most times on the two measurements .sad

That is a real pain - just as you try to get some sleep - they wake you up again I was told off for reading the monitoring machine.

Did you play the "guess how many doctors it takes to get an arterial blood sample" game? I think my record was to defeat 5, before the 6th managed it (just) - including an over-confident anaesthetistdevil

Antiquated

The first " doctor " put the plastic thingy with a tap on it for drip feed and samples the wrong way round in the inner bend of my elbow .Needless to say it fell out that night.. I kept it and maybe can use it in my fuel system somewhere .Handy little 3 way gubbins!

Today Chrissy picked up my follow on prescription from my GP who is supposed to know I've been in hospital .Oh no! I now have more articles prescribed for me after my hip replacement .ie Pain killers etc . Never ending all this inefficiency around us isn't it . ?

Makes me wonder how aeroplanes aren't falling out the sky everyday & 50% of patients don't end up in the crematorium conveniently adjoining the hospitalsad

I didn't think to keep the plastic tubing and taps once they came out - including the nice length of silicon tubing with extra internal tube (mind you, I'm not sure I would have wanted to think about where it had been!).

A few weeks after my "adventure" they had a fire in the CT/MRI room that pretty much destroyed it - and then a nearby hospital had an accident when a nurse took a metal wheelchair in to *their* MRI room (fortunately no one was hurt in either case).