Help with battey please

spoddy d.s.t

Advert

Cheers Colin.

I have seen lots of different flat packs with all different no's on them,some really cheap on ebay,but wasn't sure of the plug so i didn't buy.

I have a hole to the left of the tx,at the moment theres a plug in there with red and black wires.

Do i just unplug this then and plug the new pack there Colin?(when i get it)

Dave

40 mHz is used specifically for aircraft way downhere in NZ, cause that what the domestic Japanese market uses. So I guess it's just the Brits that restrict 40 megs to surface only... but then we can use any freek from 27 to 72 meg for anything we like, with the provisio that 40 is used for aircraft only. That way you can come down here on 35 and still use your gear, and get xtals etc. We have a few on 72, again cause thats what the Yanks use, so Fubaba and JR make lots of 72 meg sets and it makes no sense not to use them as well... but I guess we are far enough away not to cause any interference.

Evan. 

Yes, both the Spektrum sets are available, and the various module updates from the major manufacturers to convert their mainline sets. I have to say, that apart from a couple of 'park flyers', there hasn't been that much of an uptake of the  2.4 stuff. Most people are quite happy with there present gear.

Evan. 

Probably out of date now David, but I've fitted 8 off green 'Instant' 2100mah AA Nimh cells to my Twister heli Tx and haven't had to charge them since September mate, still well up on the scale..!

The advantage of Instant cells is that they have a very low self discharge rate (about 15% of their capacity over a year) and are always ready to use. No need to charge and use soon after like the normal Nimh cells used, mine were ready straight from the carry case they came in (like when you buy Duracells).

Good value too at £4.50 for 4 I thought. Just make sure and put a very light smear of vaseline on the terminals before you fit them to save any corrosion. Especially if you're using a bait boat around salt water areas. You can plug in the supplied Tx charger into the TX jack socket to charge them in the normal way, but if it's a 50mA charger, you may just have to leave it to charge for a couple of days from flat. I will use a Prodigy cut off charger at 200mA for mine.

http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/instant.html

They do Sanyo cells too for a little more. I always use welded packs in my Tx/Rx for all my planes/helis I use outside, more peace of mind than the sprung connection to the cells in dry sets. Saying that, I used a dry fit ACOMS 2 ch Tx on my Rough rider buggy for years without ever having an o/c occur between cell terminal and Tx.

Good luck with the fishing, I don't use a bait boat for the trout, sometimes wish I did though..!