Tailwind

I have shaped the tailplane as suggested and it looks really good now.

I have reached a stage where I need to purchase the servos. I’m completely bewildered by huge range available. If someone would kindly advice me what servos I need for what function on the Tailwind I would be most appreciative. I’m leaning towards a Futaba transmitter’

Advert

Frazer,

Any 9gr servo size will do just fine , Iam using them for all the control surfaces.

For elevator and Rudder /steerable tail wheel Iam using the metal gear type.

Have you seen my build blog of the Tailwind with lots of pics.

tailwind

Ton

Edited By Ton van Munsteren on 06/05/2012 10:59:55

Edited By Ton van Munsteren on 06/05/2012 11:05:03

Hi Ton

Thanks for the advice; I wouldn’t have had a clue what to buy without you help. Yes I have just discovered your wonderful blog and it’s given me a fresh impetus. I don’t think I could build this plane without it. Thanks for sharing your vast knowledge with people like me.

Regards Frazer

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

II see on the wing plan is says, Add 2" washout between last R3 and tip. Where is this measurement please, I'm stumped yet again. Your help will be much appreciated. I posted this query before and as I didn’t get a reply I thought I either sent to the wrong blog or perhaps it’s so obvious I should be able to work it out for myself. I really don’t understand this note can anyone please help. Apart from that its coming along nicely.

Thanks Peter

Now I have look really close at the drawing I can see its degrees. I have the drawing pinned to a wall about 15” away from where I work and from that distance it looked just like the inches sign to me. Do I feel daft, Now you have explained what a washout means I will never make that mistake again.